Votes: 30 63.8%
  • other (please suggest if other)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • niether

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

black baron

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
Yes, the day has come! For all you fans of Warhammer 40,000(aka 40k) who have been wondering if anyone will even attempt to make a 40k mod!
I'm looking to form a moding team to make this mod , i don't care if your a fan(of 40k) or just like sci-fi mods please help in anyway possible(if you can't mod just suggest and research)

I know you where texting alot to me about it ther other day, but exactly how big is this universe? If it's fairly small, like only a couple hundred years and not alot of advancements, we should freeform. If it's fairly large, with millenia of advancements, it would probably be best to do a scenario.
Oh, and I'm in. i know nothing of Warhammer, but it looks pretty cool.

cool idea, I think there is even a possibility to convert Dawn of War models into Nifs... So, if you find someone able to do so, you will have an easy life finding nice graphics ;)

I suggest a scenario, focusing on a conflict between two civs. makes it easy to flesh them out and later you can add more civs.

good luck

@ popcornlord: well the game's history is several millenia long(that's what the 40K stands for the 40th mallenia) and occurs in one BIG galaxy, but i still think you could do a free form or at least a scenario that is more like a free form than a scenario.(at least in the since that not much is set and infallible)
@seZereth: as easy and convenient that would be i still think some art would need to be made from scratch. 2ndly two civs wouldn't battle it would be closer to 12(4 of the Imperialum vs 2 of chaos vs everyone else on their own=8)

btw does any one know how to post files(ie adobe) on here

Alright, I think I'll vote other. I want to work on stuff one era at a time, but probably not scenarios (with maps).

one thing i thought would work is if its a scenario is i/we could use rhye's time delay entry to illustrate the age of the races.((chronological order) necrons, eldar, humans and/or orks, dark eldar, chaos marines, tau(this is only a guess I'm not sure if it is correct)

one thing i thought would work is if its a scenario is i/we could use rhye's time delay entry to illustrate the age of the races.((chronological order) necrons, eldar, humans and/or orks, dark eldar, chaos marines, tau(this is only a guess I'm not sure if it is correct)

Yeah, actually I thought of this for the SW mod. I don't think we should do it untill we have some stuff in, covering the entire time period.

I think the way in which FFH2 is being developed - a free form world building up to include scenarios - would be best suited to a W40k mod

Assuming that the gameplay will be focussing on ground combat and not space combat, the free form element kind of matches the idea that battles are raging across a multitude of planets across the galaxies

I like the idea and will be willing to contribute some art, once the project start to take some shape.
There are a few WH40K units already there and it seems indeed possible to convert those from the DoW games (however i have yet to find out how :().
I prefer free form gameplay, but i do agree with seZereth that starting out with few races detailing them out nicely is a good idea. You can allways expand later.

@ skitters: if i wanted space battles i might of called it battle fleet Gothic (same story just space) although i might make it so you can build a ship like the SS project so that you can bombard targets on the field.
@ popcornlord: like i said if its a scenario I'd do if its free form I'll just say that they're all after the same planet for different reasons
@ everyone: like I've told popcorn lord my idea is to make a mod to fit the civ 4 style and gradually change it over

Alright, well based on posts, a freeform mod might be better. I don't really care to much.

I like the idea and will be willing to contribute some art, once the project start to take some shape.
There are a few WH40K units already there and it seems indeed possible to convert those from the DoW games (however i have yet to find out how :().
I prefer free form gameplay, but i do agree with seZereth that starting out with few races detailing them out nicely is a good idea. You can allways expand later.

Ploeperpengel and Rabbit,White both produced successfully wh40k units for civ4 from dow models (the bloodthirster and some tanks/landspeeder are already available). but as i recall correctly, Ploeperpengel had to fit the animations into civ4 format for the bloodthirster. I think Animations will be the key point.

For now my problem would be to get the DoW units in Max - i was interested in this for FuryRoad as well, to produce a heavy armored Brotherhood of Steel Knight. I have a archive extractor and a texture converter, but no model import tool...

I seen Rabbit, White converted a WH40K unit, but he's not around anymore... I wasn't aware Ploperengel did it as well. I will ask him if he can point me to a importer for DoW stuff.

Thanks for the pointer. I will check it out.

Very cool idea.. Would you plan to be making it a land based game set on a single planet, or an interstellar game a la Final Frontier? Either one should have potential IMHO. A third alternative would be to have separate planets as circles of land terrain anywhere from 5 to 50 squares in diameter, floating in a "sea" of space terrain; this should even be achievable as a free-form mod if you used a custom map script.

i was thinking of making it interstellar for fun/realism sake even if it was a scenario i'd try to make it as much like a free form as possible

The above mentioned Down of War games can only supply material for land units for conversion tho.

Top Bottom