A little thing that bothers me..

Aleenik

Deity
When people talk about possible mass war in middle east they often put egypt on the musslim side..I belive this to be false
I belive egypt would be on the US/Israel side if such a war occured..not only does egypt have great relations with the US, they are also the 2nd most militarily supported nation by the US..2nd only to Israel..
Egypt often argues constantly with many arabian nations, including Iran a lot

Though housing the Arab league, egypt is clearly western influenced and sides with them more often IMHO..ever since the israel and egyptian peace that is

Egypt is also one of the key allies for the US in the middle east..as much as israel for the US, and on the war on terror in general..

Also egypt likes to be the peace bringer of the middle east now adays..this is all based on a hypothetical all out war in the middle east

sorry for grammer

my 2 cents

wow, that was out of left field....

I remember reading that Iran, as we have intended, is in fact mostly isolated in the middle east.

The Saudis, the Jordanians, the Turks, and as you said, the Egyptians, would most likely take the side of the US/EU in a war with Iran and (possibly) Syria.

And even after the recent occupation of Gaza, I doubt Israel is going to war its neighbors in the near future. Egypt and Jordan are not going to war Israel in the current climate, and Syria alone would easily get owned.

That said, anything can happen, but this is how I see it, in the current political climate.

I think, deep down in that dark little place that we hide from everyone else, we all want to nuke Israel.

Even the die hard Israel supporters, the religious right in the US, only want the jews there so that they can all die when the rapture happens... :lol:

Muslims fighting against Muslims who are fighting Israel? Not going to happen. Besides, nobody is going to attack Israel anymore than they would attack the US, or any other major military power. Those days are long gone.

Muslims fighting against Muslims who are fighting Israel? Not going to happen. Besides, nobody is going to attack Israel anymore than they would attack the US, or any other major military power. Those days are long gone.

christians fight christians..and still like I said it was a hypothetical situation

wow, show your lack of knowledge. Study history! and you know...modern things too, cause...Hamas and Fatah both opposed Israel, but that didn't stop them from fighting, did it? and A main reason for Israel's continued existence is that they fought each other more than us.

When people talk about possible mass war in middle east they often put egypt on the musslim side..I belive this to be false
I belive egypt would be on the US/Israel side if such a war occured..not only does egypt have great relations with the US, they are also the 2nd most militarily supported nation by the US..2nd only to Israel..

Though housing the Arab league, egypt is clearly western influenced and sides with them more often IMHO..ever since the israel and egyptian peace that is

Egypt is also one of the key allies for the US in the middle east..as much as israel for the US, and on the war on terror in general..

Also egypt likes to be the peace bringer of the middle east now adays..this is all based on a hypothetical all out war in the middle east

sorry for grammer

my 2 cents

i dont think egypt would ever actually enter a military alliance with israel, it would just be to unpopular, and for an already unpopular regime. altough i think they would be on the US side against iran, but not against othet arab nations, they would most likely be neutral.unless of course the muslim brotherhood tookover.....

Even the die hard Israel supporters, the religious right in the US, only want the jews there so that they can all die when the rapture happens... :lol:

They also want sea levels to rise because Jerusalem has to be a port city ;)

Another (In a Uni class of mine) also said his priest (in a sermon) told him the US doesn't exist in Revelations, so we should expect to fail and cease to exist as a country...

I belive egypt would be on the US/Israel side if such a war occured..

First off, what are the supposed sides in this "mass war in middle east?"

Second, Egypt is home to one of the strongest and most prevalent grass-roots Islamist trends in the world. They are most definitely not going to take the side of "the infidel."

not only does egypt have great relations with the US, they are also the 2nd most militarily supported nation by the US..2nd only to Israel..

The only source of their relations with the United States is the huge military aid we give them, which is essentially bribery to stay out of the Israeli Conflict.

First, what's new? Middle Eastern politics isn't much like ours, you know.

Second, Iran is NOT Arab, and it should not be a surprise to you that Iran argues with Arab nations, the two always have.

What part of Egypt is so clearly Westernized?

An American "key ally" in the Middle East is essentially someone who does some of the things we want them to do some of the time, which is basically to not attack Israel.

Ally in the War on Terror? What exactly has Egypt done?

Also egypt likes to be the peace bringer of the middle east now adays..

How is this statement indicative of what side they might take? It is, of course, not true, either.

First off, what are the supposed sides in this "mass war in middle east?"

Second, Egypt is home to one of the strongest and most prevalent grass-roots Islamist trends in the world. They are most definitely not going to take the side of "the infidel."

The only source of their relations with the United States is the huge military aid we give them, which is essentially bribery to stay out of the Israeli Conflict.

First, what's new? Middle Eastern politics isn't much like ours, you know.

Second, Iran is NOT Arab, and it should not be a surprise to you that Iran argues with Arab nations, the two always have.

What part of Egypt is so clearly Westernized?

An American "key ally" in the Middle East is essentially someone who does some of the things we want them to do some of the time, which is basically to not attack Israel.

Ally in the War on Terror? What exactly has Egypt done?

How is this statement indicative of what side they might take? It is, of course, not true, either.

first off the war is hypothetical..and the sides I didnt pick any I just assumed the US and Israel would be involved..as im sure they would in a middle east war..

Ally in the war on terror-Besides fighting insurgents in the Gulf War alongside the US, Egypt has peacekeeping forces throughout africa to keep the peace and protect civilans from terrorist

the statement about egypt being peaceful is assuming that a jihadist nation would be the agressor against the US like destroy US in the hormez area then start a war or what have you

Egypt is more westernized than a lot of Arabic nations..if you dont notice that then I dont feel like showing you

first off the war is hypothetical..and the sides I didnt pick any I just assumed the US and Israel would be involved..as im sure they would in a middle east war..

So then what is the worth of this thread?
Ally in the war on terror-Besides fighting insurgents in the Gulf War alongside the US, Egypt has peacekeeping forces throughout africa to keep the peace and protect civilans from terrorist

Egypt has problems in its own country with terrorists and bandits it can't control. And what do you mean "fighting insurgents in the Gulf War;" they have troops deployed in Iraq now?
the statement about egypt being peaceful is assuming that a jihadist nation

...An example being...

would be the agressor against the US like destroy US in the hormez area then start a war or what have you

Sense. This statement makes none.

Egypt is more westernized than a lot of Arabic nations..if you dont notice that then I dont feel like showing you

Westernized again meaning what in this instance? As I already pointed out, Egypt is incredibly conservative, with the exception of Mubarak and a few of his ruling cadre who try to play Egypt up to be some sort of wonderful Western-influenced Arab nation. Egypt is a leader in the Arab World because it is slightly more industrialized than most, is the most populous Arab state, and is home to several of the Muslim World's leading academic institutions, not because it is held up as anything worth being followed, and least of all beacuse of identification with the West. Mubarak knows where the money comes from (US), so if he wants to stay on the American payroll, he's got to play buddy-buddy during the quiet times like right now. But if there were some sort of war that broke out between the US and Arab nations, you can bet Egypt's most sympathetic position towards the US would be a hostile neutrality. But, since you've not specified who the aggressor and attacked nations are, all this speculation is moot.

So then what is the worth of this thread?

Egypt has problems in its own country with terrorists and bandits it can't control. And what do you mean "fighting insurgents in the Gulf War;" they have troops deployed in Iraq now?

...An example being...

Sense. This statement makes none.

Westernized again meaning what in this instance? As I already pointed out, Egypt is incredibly conservative, with the exception of Mubarak and a few of his ruling cadre who try to play Egypt up to be some sort of wonderful Western-influenced Arab nation. Egypt is a leader in the Arab World because it is slightly more industrialized than most, is the most populous Arab state, and is home to several of the Muslim World's leading academic institutions, not because it is held up as anything worth being followed, and least of all beacuse of identification with the West. Mubarak knows where the money comes from (US), so if he wants to stay on the American payroll, he's got to play buddy-buddy during the quiet times like right now. But if there were some sort of war that broke out between the US and Arab nations, you can bet Egypt's most sympathetic position towards the US would be a hostile neutrality. But, since you've not specified who the aggressor and attacked nations are, all this speculation is moot.

your a tough cookie

the point of this thread is just to discuss cuz Im bored

as I said befor my grammar isn't that great..so if thats why you dont understnad some stop excuse me

first off my mistake..in the gulf war Egypt fought insurgents yes(which you should realize terrorism didnt just begin a couple years ago in iraq like you seem to not realize) and they also fought the iraqi army in Kuwait.

the thing about the ships starting a war is very simple..over the past few years iran has been playing mind games with US navy ships...I was saying hypotehticly if Iran sent missles and destroyed em or used boats to launch the missles or what have you(since irans navy would stand a chance otherwise) then that would start a war..as iran as already said they are willing to go to war if neccesary(i kno ull say all nations say that, but in this case Iran is serious)..or another situation is Iran could attack Israel with allies..

Let's ask one of our own forum members, who went to Egypt himself.

:)

the guy clearly had something happen but still..first I must ask why he wants to go to iraq in the first place(not related to egypt but o well)..anyways..he went to a big city and got robed and no 1 wanted to help? ok thats like anywhere including in the US...rude people? got em here in the US...not wanting to speak english? head to NYC plenty of people like that there..or even Texas.

your a tough cookie

the point of this thread is just to discuss cuz Im bored

What are we even discussing?
as I said befor my grammar isn't that great..so if thats why you dont understnad some stop excuse me

I hope you don't actually speak like this.

first off my mistake..in the gulf war Egypt fought insurgents yes

Egypt fought in the 1990-91 Gulf War, not in the 2003 invasion.

(which you should realize terrorism didnt just begin a couple years ago in iraq like you seem to not realize)

Insurgent and terrorist are not mutually interchangeable words. Do not use them as such. Egypt is not and has not been in Iraq fighting insurgents. You are wrong.

the thing about the ships starting a war is very simple..over the past few years iran has been playing mind games with US navy ships...I was saying hypotehticly if Iran sent missles and destroyed em or used boats to launch the missles or what have you(since irans navy would stand a chance otherwise) then that would start a war..as iran as already said they are willing to go to war if neccesary(i kno ull say all nations say that, but in this case Iran is serious)..or another situation is Iran could attack Israel with allies..

Why?

Top Bottom