A little tip...

Foresight

Warlord
I actually thought a lot of people knew this or have done it at some point in their Civ player days. When you have a large army that is stuck in enemy territory and you need them back within your borders (because your base is about to fall apart, your units are too injured and can't get out, etc) take over the easiest city close to you, fortify your injured units in the newly captured city, then give the city to a civ (preferably one that isn't strong). This will automatically warp all of your men back to your Capital. It is way better than having to lose them all on the way back.

Humbly, I must admit that I too thought that everyone knew this trick. In addition to this tactic, I routinely build lots and lots of workers in cities that I have captured (and don't plan to keep) and leave them in the city. Then when the city population is down to 1, I give the city away to another civ and 'poof', all of those free-maintenance workers are now in my capital ready to go to work. This is especially fun to do if you have an ally who you want to have lose a city. When you give the city to an ally, he does not get a free defender, so the original owner may have a good chance of taking the city back.

Thus, if you want the city to be held then give it to a civ that is not at war with anyone who has troops nearby (or give it to an ally who has troops right there). If you have an ally who you think is a little too powerful (and has lots of money), give it to that ally and watch your enemy take a bunch of money from him (works especially well when you give several cities at once).

For some reasons i thought you lose your military unit when you donate a city to another civs.....
nice trick...

dmanakho said:
For some reasons i thought you lose your military unit when you donate a city to another civs.....
nice trick...
Yes, I had the same fear in me. Just when your city flipps over, you lose all the units inside the city. BTW, can then the opponent use them even he doesnt have the accurate tech?

General of the 4th Zulu regiment: "It is my honour as always sire. It is wonderful to be among the fair people of Zimbabwe but I must confess... we do not know how we made our way here. Is it really still July?"
Shaka: *hearty laugh* "My fine general! Your skills on the battlefield are worthy indeed but your knowledge of diplomacy lacks nuance. I simply transfered governing power of Chinan over to William of the Dutch thereby causing your men to fly through time and space to this very spot in the blink of an eye!"
Crowd: "Three cheers for Shaka Zulu!" *crowd erupts into spontaneous celebration*
Shaka: "LOLZ"

mintyfreshdeath said:
General of the 4th Zulu regiment: "It is my honour as always sire. It is wonderful to be among the fair people of Zimbabwe but I must confess... we do not know how we made our way here. Is it really still July?"
Shaka: *hearty laugh* "My fine general! Your skills on the battlefield are worthy indeed but your knowledge of diplomacy lacks nuance. I simply transfered governing power of Chinan over to William of the Dutch thereby causing your men to fly through time and space to this very spot in the blink of an eye!"
Crowd: "Three cheers for Shaka Zulu!" *crowd erupts into spontaneous celebration*

So very realistic :lol:. Luckily, I don't usually have this problem (no, I'm not bragging either); my enemy is usually too stupid or weak (or both) to attack again... Unfortunately, I never thought of this trick :p.

mintyfreshdeath said:

And to think, I've been researching how to bend space-time, and all I had to do was give a city away.

Twenty years down the drain.

dresdor said:
And to think, I've been researching how to bend space-time, and all I had to do was give a city away.

Twenty years down the drain.

So much for wormholes, eh?

MSTK said:
Bah. Wormholes? Everyone knows that the only way to have instantaneous movement is by using by railroads.
Actually, Its written in the Steam Power tech description in small letters:

The Steam Power - among other things - directly led to dicovery of Subatomic theory and later to tachyon-based transportation. :lol:

Good one, MSTK :p

This is also quite a good way to get troops home when your core is under a suprise attack.

Another more "dodgy" use is to take a leader, a settler and some defensive units to a continent you want to invade. Build the city and rush your palace there. Wait one turn then transport your whole army to the new continent ready for the invastion. Obviously this isn't suited to all situations, but can be very powerful under the right ones.

Bibor said:
Actually, Its written in the Steam Power tech description in small letters:

The Steam Power - among other things - directly led to dicovery of Subatomic theory and later to tachyon-based transportation. :lol:

Good one, MSTK :p

Nice, :lol:...

Top Bottom