A Major US Team Sport Male Athlete Finally Comes Out Of The Closet

Uhm.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...ching-religion-shot-to-death-in-boynto/nL3Ng/

Evangelists get assaulted and sometimes killed for expressing their faith. Even in the USA.

In a later related story from the same paper:

Tite Sufra and Stephen Ocean, both 24, were shot around 8 p.m. on Jan. 30, after they preached to a young man for about 15 minutes near the public library. On Feb. 3, Jeriah Woody, 18, was arrested for their murders. Police have characterized the incident as possibly a revenge killing based on a gang-related grudge. Sufra and Ocean, who both had previous criminal records, converted to a church whose mission is to save young people from lives of crime.

"We have spoken with numerous witnesses," Boynton Beach Police Chief G. Matthew Immler said Friday, "as well as the suspect, and at this point we have no reason to believe that the victims' religious activities or beliefs factored into the commission of this crime."

That's not to say that explicitly religious killings have never happened--I'm sure it must have at some point--but in this case, the victims willingly engaged and provoked likely dangerous people. They obviously shouldn't have been killed, but to compare that with the abuse gays and other minorities get for just living their lives is unwarranted.

Tebow could not crack the starting job competing against Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy, and I refuse to believe that is just Rex sabotaging him.
The political cartoon in yesterday's paper seems quite germane:

Saying it once or twice is fundamentally different from constant jumping up and down and shouting "look at me! look at me!

He doesn't. He just prays every time he scores s touchdown. Its like any other touchdown celebration. Its the media that makes such a big deal of it.

I'm pretty sure he stopped doing that when he went to the NFL.

Maybe he converted to Judaism or Islam to keep the Sabbath holy.

I don't know what denomination Tebow is/was/who cares, but don't many silly Protestants observe the Sabbath on Saturday as well?

I'm not intollerant in any sense. He wants to be religious, more power to him. But there is a point at which people are constantly throwing it at others where it becomes a form of bullying against others. And he is past that point.

Yeah, that Tim Tebow....such a big bully for wearing a bible verse on his face. :lol:

The photo is rather useless without the comment that went along with it:

On Monday, Jason Collins secured his role in the history books as the first openly gay player in the NBA. Despite the perception of widespread homophobia in the world of professional sports, Collins’ coming out, via an essay in Sports Illustrated, has been met with a chorus of support, including Kobe Bryant to President Obama.

But on Tuesday’s “Daily Show,” Jon Stewart was more reluctant to describe the news as a victory for the LGBT community. It’s not that he has anything against gay people -- on the contrary --only that he saw some irony in the fact that many of Collins’ fellow athletes are guilty of doing things far worse than being attracted to other men.

“All in all it’s a pretty great day for major league sports. At long last, they’ve decided that gay people are fit to be included in their elite club -- one that’s already allowed in adulterers, wife-swappers, gamblers, cheaters, rapists, racists and slaughterers of man. Those who’ve abused spouses, drugs, alcohol, family members and animals,” Stewart said, as images of Tiger Woods, Mike Tyson, Michael Vick and other badly behaved athletes appeared on screen.

“Congratulations, gay athletes. Are you sure you want to hang out with these people?” he wondered

Top Bottom