• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

A military coup in America

See post below

Votes: 111 70.7%

Votes: 21 13.4%

Votes: 10 6.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 3 1.9%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elta

我不会把这种
On a scale of one to ten what do you think the odds of the United States being caught up in a military coup within the next 6 years are? (one being near zero 0.0000001 area and 10 being somewhere around 50%)

I have a school report on coups and how they were pulled off. I've been watching some conspiracy theory stuff ( some of it with some facts and such in it) - I don't think I would put it totally outside of the realm of possibility.

The sad part is I am not really convinced it would be a bad thing :(

0% chance.

0 ten characters.

and you didn't vote 1 - what is the point of a poll if no one votes :( :( :(

.00000000000000001% isn't small enough.

If there was a military coup it would be bloody and drawn out. Not only would joe america with his 30-06 be shooting but the military it self would be fighting itself.

That is... unless there really comes a nation wide ban on guns. Then we'd have to smuggle AK's through the US Mexican border which shouldn't be a problem as that border is nothing but a line in the sand.

0% chance. The ideals of democracy are so ingrained into America, that anyone trying to usurp the current government and institute another would be met with resistance in every sense of the word. Except maybe for those few nutjobs in the south that still want to see the Confederacy rise again... not that it ever rose in the first place...

?

And what facts show that one is possible? Unless TeH JOOS and the NWO really did do 9/11.

Most of us may not be very happy with the people in government now, but we love our system of government. I'm sure most people out side of the US are sick of hearing about how great the US system of government is.

I have a school report on coups and how they were pulled off. ... I don't think I would put it totally outside of the realm of possibility.

The sad part is I am not really convinced it would be a bad thing :(
You need to do a lot more research for your school report, if you really believe any of those two statements.

Never, ever happen in the conceivable future. Civilian control of the military is too ingrained both in the military itself as well as the citizenry to stand for it.

Depends on weather or not my demands are met.
I hate to rain on your parade, but they'll let all your demands acumulusate until the climate changes for the American political system. But don't get your Doppler down; we may all one day be saying "hail Perfection!"

None whatsoever. edit - My reasoning is that, as centralized as it seems, the power base in this country is very widely distributed, geographically. What would occupying a few buildings in Washington do to a army group in the military? The authority of the rifle only carries you so far.

Top Bottom