1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

A Military History of The Principality

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Le Sage, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

A Military History of The Principality

I did a story like this on my mod thread earlier while gametesting. It was an excellent way of analyzing the game and it was also a lot of fun to write. This story won't be involved in the technical details of the game functions, but rather try to tell a tale of war and peace in the World of Fairy Tale.

This story is based on my mod, Fairy Tale (Version 7); I play on Warlord level (don't laugh, I'm a stinky player and will probably get kicked real bad!) on a standard size map (PlanetGenerator, One Continent, Landmass). I play as the Principality, the most chivalrous of the civilizations in the mod with leader Edward Montjoie (Charismatic, Protective). I have no goal in the game, other than stay alive, fight my neigbours and really show my mod off. The story will be richly illustrated and it will emphasise the military side of Fairy Tale Kingdom building.

The early armies of the Principality

The Principality starts out with some moderately good Archers; these are really no good, but my Charismatic Trait also sees to it that they are equipped with some initial promotions that really come in handy.

There's not much early fighting. Even the Barbarians seem to stay calm. However, finding my neighbours, Zuur the closest to the west and the Collective the closest to the South, tells me that this will be an interesting campaign of fighting anyways.

My Fairy Tale Kingdom expands rapidly and maybe too quick, meaning that I'm fighting the economy rather than outer enemies. My scouts report that the Kingdom of Zuur is already building their powerful Legion units (pic 2). These are terrible, but slow, land units that can be terribly scary. Soon after that, I discover the tech to build my first cavalry - lancers - but these units are inferior to Zuur Legions.

In the 40th year, the King is born. The King is a Royal Family unit and he is a Great General. Around him, I form my first larger army in the next year. Although the Barbarians are awfully calm in this game, it's imperative to have a national military reserve. I usually keep my first Royal Guard Army deployed near my Capital, and that is what I do in this campaign as well.(pic3)

The Dragon's Quest

The Dragon is a powerful early unit that can do some really interesting things. Correctly used, the Dragon can mean the success or failure of the early part of the game.

The Principality Dragon was built, but later trained by the king, making it a formidable unit. At the founding of the city of Adlerbrugge, the Dragon was sent to boost the garrison. The town's position was far south of the homeland, and the Dragon could help defend the town against awaited Barbarian attacks; when those Barbarians finally showed up on the horizon, the Dragon stood ready to defend the town and did a good job (pic 1). Then he was sent south to reconnoitre along the Angvina border. In a splendid display of heroism, he attacked and too the Barbarian city of Arin, effectively extending the Empire to the south.

After that, the Dragon did reconnaissance in the far west. The Empire of Zuur is on the march and soon our borders meet. (pic 3) The early phase of the game is nearing its close. The borders are meeting and the land is being claimed. My first enemy will probably be Angvina in the south. Our borders meet at Arin. Then Zuur will probably be on turn. They are still happy since we happen to have the same state religion, but if I know them correctly, that will soon change as our borders now meet. I must prepare for a hard and long conflict in the west. I'd like to take out Angvina first, though.

Adventures on the Oceans

Building the Empire in peace and claiming land can be quite tedious. There's not much fighting. Not against armies of flesh and blood anyways, but rather against economy and things like that, things that are imperative to the foundations of any good Fairy Tale Kingdom, but that can seem boring.

It is good then that the relative tediousness of this period is broken by the exploring of the world. My ships now travel the world and find new cities and civilizations. Contact is made with the Elves and with the Dead Civ of Skeletons. My pirate ships venture into the waters outside the Zuur capital itself (pic2) and my Caravels reach far east, exloring both Collective and Skeleton lands.

As I'm having fun exploring the unknown, Kwelma of Angvina finally attacks unprovoced. A large army of Angvina troops all of a sudden stand on my soil outside the City of Arin. Time to start the fight! Forward march! (pic3)

2. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

The Darksky War (66-69)

Angvina attack unprovoced in the Fall of The Year of Namerl 66, sending in an army of pillagers on our territory at the enclave of Arin. This is Kwelma of Angvina's usual behaviour, so we aren't fully unprepared. The King himself stands in Arin with much of the army and reinorcements are immediately dispatched from the North.

Our Magicians do a great job at weakening the Angvina stack, but several failed attempts at counterattacking lead to casualties. The Principality knights are longing for battle and can sometimes be a bit harsh and hasty in their judgement. The king keeps his cool while the Angvina raiders pillage some improvements and move past the city; the Magicians work on the enemy at every turn.

The king is isolated in Arin, but remains alert and does his job. The enemy reaches Arin Mine, but are met by a terrible surprise. On the horizon, several units of high-quality Principality knights emerge from the north and at that time, the king counterattacks from Arin and together with the knights, in The battle of Arin Mine, (pic1)they destroy the Angvina invasion.

The King gathers his army to Arin; resupplies, regroups and holds his warcouncil. It is decided that the reinforced army will attack and capture the Angvina city of Darksky, force them to peace and conquer a strategically important city in the south. Darksky's position is perfect for defence against Angvina, since it is situated on a slim peninsula and upon a hill.

The storming of Darksky becomes bloody, due to the rashness of the Principality knights again (pic2). We lose two of our best units as Kwelma of Angvina holds bitterly on. When Darksky falls to the Principality, peace is forced upon Kwelma who even pays to sign the treaty.

During the Darksky War, Zuur has expanded further east and taken land near to us, land that I had planned for. No matter. Now a period of Empire building will follow. I need to close the gap between the homeland and the enclave of Arin. Settlers and workers are built rather than lancer cavalry and catapults.

Strategic Considerations

After the Darksky War, the Principality is again seeking its place in the world. A colony is founded on the peninsula to East of the homeland and a couple of new cities are founded in the south, near Arin, securing those areas for the empire. Angvina isn't posing a threat anymore, but nor is Zuur. Zuur has been a friendly neighbour nation of ours during the whole game, although we've kept our distance; we don't even have an Open Borders agreement with them.

The real danger is looming in the South East. Our spies report of a strong and prospering Collective down there, with a well-oiled warmachine of an army. It is only a matter of time before they will be starting to rattle their sabres and try to use their immense military power. Right now, they're still pretty isolated, but they're coming. (pic1)

In the Year 77, Zuur declares war on Angvina and attacks with an army. I am considering joining the war and sending in my King's Army from Darksky to Zuur's help. Thereafter, I will probably be compelled to sign different treaties of friendship with my pal Zuur so that we can stand together against the future threat from the Collective. (pic 1&2)

The First Cooperation War (77-82)

The Principality attacks Angvina in an effort to help Zuur. The Principality Royal Army attacks and razes Hollow Spring in the Summer of 78 and the pressure on the Zuur army besieging Vanira is lightened. The King has his most glorious victory at Hollow Spring, and full of confidence, he is leading his victorious army west towards Vanira. (pic1)

At Darkforest Hill in 79, just a short distance from the Angvina Capital, the King and his army are attacked by hordes of Angvina axemen and archers that widely outnumber him. His army makes an impressive, heroic stand, kills off a great number of enemy units, defends the king, but loses all but one single cavalryman! Outnumbered, and heavily damaged the King's Royal Guard unit pulls back to safety in the north where an immense Principality knights army is marching up. The defeat at Darkforest Hill has immediate reprecussions on the Principality warfare in the south. All artillery is destroyed and all magicians have been killed. (pic2)

The King leads the new knights army in a second assault towards Vanira, which is under siege by Zuur troops. A couple of failed cavalry attacks, makes the king abandon his offensive warfare and resolve to isolating the city until more allied Zuur troops can arrive at the battlefield. The Principality is totally without artillery, and thus cannot conduct a proper offensive. New magicians and catapults are being built, but it will take some time. The King is worried that the new Zuur troops marching into Angvina will completely envelop the weak nation and take it all by themselves! (The situation on the battlefield in The Year 80, pic3)

The Conclusion of the War

The King has tired of the war and pulls back with his Royal Guard to Arin where he takes up residence. Instead, Great General Selessa Varman is appointed commander of the Angvina Front, but only detached an army of some cavalry. This is meant only as flank support for the invading Zuur armies as Principality offensive power is at a low because of the earlier loss of all artillery.

The Zuur army besieging Vanira is destroyed by the Angvina in a series of battles and only small remnants survive, but a major Zuur force is invading Angvina from Principality soil. Varman gives flank support, defeats a large number of Angvina melee units and magicians at Evil Blood Ridge (pic1) and pushes forward toward Endelvein, the Angvina Capital, together with and in support of the Zuur Army. Varman is there ambushed by a large contingent of Angvina magicians and melee units supported by a Dragon; and although some exemplary defense, Varman is defeated and dies in battle. (pic2)

The Principality is tired of this disastrous campaign and signs a peace treaty, leaving the Zuur to do their own thing. The Cooperation war has been a series of disasters for the Principality, which now needs to reform its army, research new technologies to get better units and build a new artillery park as well as magicians.

3. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

The Second Cooperation War (90-97)

Having rearmed, the Principality again joins the Angvina War on the Zuur side. The Zuur armies are struggling with keeping the Angvina at bay; far from home and underequipped. The King advances on Vanira and takes the city with minor resistance and then he turns on the city of Solar Gate in the south. In bloody fighting at Evil Blood Ridge, a large Angvina army is annihilated, the dragon killed and the King can continue his offensive.

The Battle of Solar Gate becomes a bloody affair; the Principality storming attempts are effectively contested and only after serious bloodspill, can the King finally march in and sack the city. The Principality Dragon is in the meantime operating deep behind enemy lines, destroying their Iron mine and irritating communications behind the Angvina Capital, Endelvein. In a ferocious battle at Endelvein, the Angvina attack the dragon and can only kill it after losing a great number of troops.(pic2)

The King wants revenge for the Dragon's death. Heavy Principality infantry is marching up to the front led by the Heir, and the goal is set on Endelvein. The complete destruction of the Angvina Empire looms. (pic3)

The Great Battle of Endelvein

The Principality marches for the Angvina Capital at Endelvein, the armies led by The King and The Heir. The offensive is well-prepared and the troops involved are high-class and of excellent condition. The Angvina have gone into turtle mode though, strengthening their city defences and pulling back into the safety of their fortifications. The Zuur army is bogged down in a fruitless siege of a castle in northern Angvina, so the Principality armies operate by themselves against Endelvein. (pic1)

The army goes in from the west and turns south when it has crossed the Endelvein river, maneuvering itself for the best possible attack positions. In the summer of The Year 96, the first bombardment of the city fortifications is done and then the magicians go loose on the garrison, causing it serious damage. The new Principality Heavy Infantry then goes in to mop things up, and the cavalry is used as backup. The fighting is fiery and hot from the start, as the Angvina give desperately stiff resistance.(pic2)

The Principality army is unable to stop Angvina reinforcements reaching Endelvein and the fighting is prolonged in that way. The enemy transports in its Dragon and several archers and catapults as well, but to no use. Our army goes over them like a steamroller with high casualties due to the hard resistance, but with constant reinforcements arriving from the north. In the summer of 97, The Heir marches into Endelvein and symbolically renames the city "Victoria".(pic3)

The victory gives the Principality the best hand at the diplomacy table. Principality diplomats first persuade Zuur to make peace with Angvina, and then, when the cease-fire between the Principality and Angvina is negotiated, the King demands full Angvina surrender. Kwelma agrees, with his empire torn to pieces, and somewhat reluctantly becomes a vassal of the Principality. The Principality Royal family is planning for a new age in the South, an age of peace and prosperity; ended shall be the long Angvina wars, and begun shall be an age of mutual agreement and growth.

The enemy to the East - the Collective - is growing.

4. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

The Situation in the Year 100

The situation in the South is fast developing. Angvina is our vassal, but the Collective is fast expanding west. The Principality forward observation units report of heavy military activity in the Dark Lands of the Collective. Also, they are taking up on us on points; we still have a handsome lead, but the Collective is closing the gap. The inevitable war with the Evil Empire is closing in. (pic1)

The Principality Army in the South is preparing. Three Corps have been designated. The Matriarch's Corps to the north, The Princess' Corps at the Victoria Mine and the Heir's Corps at Victoria. The King maintains and builds a Reserve Army at Darksky; the Dragon and the Angvina Observation Corps are detached from the rest of the Army. (pic2)

The army needs to be built fast, and we also need to found a few cities in the south. Also, the defenses on the Eastern Peninsula need to be strenghtened, because the Collective might attack there. As of now, the Southern Army, with its Three Corps, is underequipped and unready for a war against the mighty collective.

The Collective is also at war with the Elven Federation in the Far East. We must establish peaceful and good relations with the Elves, but we know too little about them yet. They recently lost a city to the Collective though. Both the Dead Nation and the Elven Federation are being terrorised by the Collective, which means we have friends and it also gives the future Crusade against the Collective a certain humanitarian justification and dimension too!

(pic 3: Red - The Collective, Orange - The Dead Nation, Light Grey - The Elves, Light Brown - Angvina and Purple - Zuur.)

The Backstab: The Beginning of the Zuur War

And then, while plans are being laid for Crusade against the heathen, our brothers in The Faith, do this terrible backstab, declare war on us and send in a massive army of conquest in the West. Our army is unprepared; the Army of the North only consists of a few outdated units and our best troops stand in the far south after the Angvina War. It will take time before we can retaliate.

Those false so called friends. They let us take the heat in the Angvina Wars while they did nothing but strut about pretending. Those so called brothers! Damn them!

But now those backstabbing hipocrites have signed their own doom. We will fight them on the beaches, in the streets and in the fields! And We will Never surrender! Never! Now we march on and we don't stop the march until we wash our warboots in the Zuur Nova Sea and wipe the Zuur blood from our victorious swords at their razed palace!

The Zuur Attack

The Zuur armies swarm into the Principality, far superior in numbers. In the Spring of 101 they take Kreuzhof, without much resistance. Their army is led by the Underworld King, the Zuur national hero, and their numbers are immense. As the Principality armies from the South start arriving at the battlefield, a counterattack can be executed. The fighting around Kreuzhof is intense as hard casualties and losses are given and taken on both sides. This is a war much unlike the Angvina war, for now we face a superior enemy, yet our troops fight with bravery and indeed efficiency.(pic 1&2)

By the Fall of 102 the next Principality city to fall is Kremmerhof in the East as the Zuur continue their raging offensive. Kremmerhof defends itself with determined bravery and the last unit to fall in the city is the Dragon. The East needs to build a good defense. Newly raised knights and heavy infantry is drawn up.(pic3)

In the meantime, the fighting continues around Kreuzhof where the Underworld Lord leads the Zuur operations, and the Princess herself conducts the Principality counteroffensive. Because of some effective use of magicians, the Princess is able to weaken the Zuur positions, beat a stack of Druids and finally counterattack the city itself. The Underworld Lord loses his life in the intense, hard fighting and the city is reconquered by the Princess in the Winter of 103. The Principality army is gathered under her command to Kreuzhof, to prepare to retake Kremmerhof as well. More troops are needed!

The Stabilization

The wareffort is emphasized and the whole Principality gives its all, as the nation is fighting for its survival against this superior and dangerously evil enemy. Slavery is introduced so that buildings and units can be hurried, to the cost of population. The Principality national Hero unit, the Count, is built in this way and he single-handedly destroys a minor Zuur invasion in the north and is thereafter redirected to the major fighting around Kreuzhof. (pic1)

The Princess does good with her army and really turns the catastrophic situation around. In 104 she bags a number of important successes. The Zuur Seadragon is killed, the strongest and most deadly dragon unit in the game lies dead under Principality boots, and this is a major victory for morale as well. Kremmerhof is reconquered, and with that, all initial Principality territory has been retaken. Zuur armies still operate on our soil though. One major enemy force is besieging Fort Nord, and is there involved in a fierce duel between magicians. The Principality magician inside the isolated castle answer the Zuur magicians every turn!

The King begins a counteroffensive into Zuur areas in the south. This is the first time during this war that Principality troops stand on Zuur soil. This is a diversion in force and the plan is to conquer a Zuur town to maybe be able to reach a temporary peace. On the Middle Front, the Princess again stand against the Zuur Hero, the Underworld Lord, who has been reborn and is back in action after his previous defeat. The situation is not looking meaningless anymore and it has been stabilized, because the enemy stacks approaching are a lot thinner and they are appearing to be weary of war. We have a lot to give still though. (pic 1&2)

The Final battles and Peace

The Southern counteroffensive against the enemy city of Angra takes them by surprise. The city is taken and occupied by the Principality King in the Summer of 105. The final battles rage around Mount Valour near Kreuzhof, where indeed, much of the war has been fought; the Zuur are stretched to their limit, obviously, pumping in some B-class troops. The siege of Fort Nord also continues deep in Principality territory, but we have them at bay.

Continued fighting is pointless and the peace is signed in the Winter of 106. The Principality has been saved and our entire territory has been protected, but we have also gained a strong and dangerous enemy. It is only a matter of time before he tries again, and the decision now is whether we should strike first, or wait for him to come again. We need to reinforce the armies and prepare, though. Much of the countryside has been destroyed because of the fighting and the losses have been monumental, but we're still alive and kicking.

We have gained Angra, a city that will only cause problems, but lost Victoria during the war, as it was handed over in a gesture of friendship to our vassal Angvina. Angvina didn't send one single unit to our assistance and they are still sore because of their previous defeat. They're a really bad ally, and won't be much help in any situation. In the meantime, and while we have been fighting our "brothers" in the Faith, the Collective state has also grown and poses an even larger threat than before. Their king, Lyssander, seems to be a wise and good ruler though. But never trust anyone in the World of Fairy Tale.

Evaluations

After the war, a lot of questions are raised in government. How could Zuur have attacked so surprisingly and how come the Principality stood unprepared? How come Zuur's armies cut like a knife through Principality heartlands, unopposed at the border? The High Command is determined to not let a thing like this ever happen again. Studying the material, we can see that Zuur does oppose a great threat. It is the most powerful kingdom in the World. (pic1)

In Spring of 107 Zuur attacks Arcana to the south. Secret discussions held at the Palace in the Principality Capital of Ost Weld, suggest that some forces within the kingdom wish for an intervention on Arcana's side, to once and for all, put an end to Zuur's power and threat to the civilized world. Others want to wait and let the two warring nations take each other out and then go in for the kill. The time for decision is now; how we decide, will have major consequences for the World.

5. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

6. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Preparations for Vengeance - The Abyss Witz War (107-111)

Our intelligence is keeping a close eye on the Arcana-Zuur front. The Arcana are not faring well and a major Zuur army is standing outside one of their greater cities, Bactrana, which will be an easy bite for the evil enemy. This means that time is short for us, because the Zuur border cities are weakly protected because of the war and it would really be stupid not to jump at the chance. (pic1)

Our situation is excellent. It will take one or two turns before we are within magic-range of Abyss Witz. The First Army, led by the Princess and the Count, will do the Spearhead, while the Second, led by the King will be kept in Angra as reserve. (pic1&2)

The Principality armies are marching up to the border, well-ordered, excellent quality, a thousand pairs of feet march west under silently waving black-cross-banners. The warrior Princess marches with her troops and speaks so all the army can hear: "Now is the time to sign our names into history and avenge the injustice the evil Zuur perpetrated upon us! Now is the time for action and revenge! Forward march!"

Lightning Strike on Abyss Witz

The Principality army falls on Abyss Witz like lightning. The garrison has no chance and the city falls without anything but symbolic resistance. The enemy is able to mobilize two relief squadrons of Kenderra Druids, but both stacks are defeated and routed by the Principality troops in the area. The Principality Dragon is operating in Northern Zuur, causing damage to improvements and also fighting down some Druids.

The Arcana city of Bactrana has fallen to the Zuur, but because of the Principality attack, the Zuur warfare is paused in Arcana and a breathing-break given to the pressed little kingdom. Zuur sends a major stack against us instead. Welcome! Come on, you backstabbers! Now you can see what it feels like! We shall annihilate that oncoming relief stack and then plan for the future operations. The situation is excellent to push further into Zuur lands.

The Battle of Abyss Witz

The Zuur army sent to retake Abyss Witz is larger than expected. The Principality troops gather inside conquered Abyss Witz and prepare to sell their lives expensively. The enemy is widely outnumbering the defenders, but we have all the best units in the Pricipality present. The defenders of Abyss Witz are the elite of the elite of the Principality.

Never before has such an army been formed. The King's elite Riders, during the battle upgraded to Paladins, the Princess elite stromtroopers, the Heir's deadly Heavy Infantry, the national Hero The Count and the Dragon; all these legendary units gather with their stacks of Principality troops to defend the town and make Zuur suffer a devastating defeat.

The battle rages for four seasons in 108 and 109, and becomes very bloody on both sides. It is the greatest battle in Principality history and is very bloody, sweaty business. It is a near-run-thing; the Hero gives his life in the fighting, but the positions are held, fresh reinforcements pumped in from the East and from the South and units upgraded to better ones in the middle of the battle. When more Principality troops arrive from the south, the Zuur attackers on Bloodflow Hill decide to give up and retreat, heavily damaged, to the West.

The pursuit is taken up by the King's Paladins and the Dragon, and in a daring achievement they succeed to take and raze the Zuur city of Honorea as well. The future is still unclear. No peace agreement has yet to be signed and we can possibly continue the offensive for some time. However, the Principality has also suffered heavy casualties at Abyss Witz and we're in a terrible lack of troops to continue the push into Zuur. As a direct result of our victory at Abyss Witz, Arcana's continued existence is also saved.

The End of the Campaign

The Principality continues its relentless offensive after having taken Honorea. The King's army is reinforced with forces from the East, and they are able to overrun Zircera, which is occupied. The steam has gone out of the offensive now though and the King settles in Zircera to ponder his further actions.

In the meantime, a Principality stack is defeated outside Bactrana, too far from the frontline, and the Zuur mount a new attack against Abyss Witz. The attack fails in a bloody debacle as the Heir defends the city, but Zuur still has strength to give. At that time, the King decides to conclude a cease-fire in the Year 111; a ten-turn break in hostilities is signed with Zuur. During that time, the Principality is determined to better the relations to their enemy. After all, we both have the same religion and should not be fighting, but living in unity.

The cease-fire is a bit of a disappointment. The government is sure they could have negotiated a better one, but noone denies the fact that the war will soon start again nonetheless. The King wants to see better relations though and patch things up with the enemy. Eleven years of hard and bloody fighting between two nations that should be brothers have not proved useful in any way. Eleven wasted years.

7. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Rearming the Kingdom during Peacetime

The Principality recovers impressively after the Abyss Witz War and quickly overtakes Zuur as the second most powerful nation in the world, but the wars have had the effect that The Collective has gained the highest military position while the two others have been fighting it out. A new defense plan is drafted. The King builds a massive offensive force under his personal command at Zircera, while Abyss Witz becomes a formidable military camp with defensive units led by the Queen.

An obvious military plan for the future is in place. Abyss Witz shall defend itself under the leadership of the Queen, while the King conducts offensive operations. The target is still Zuur, for many want to see the final destruction of the untrustworthy Zuur.

The years of peace do the Kingdom good. The economy is once again flourishing and is made ready to support the massive army that will be needed in the future; new types of units are added to the arsenal, among others, the powerful Amazon Skirmisher units. These are deployed to Abyss Witz and the defensive positions there. In the south, an attack is not imminent, nor expected, and in case the Collective invades there, they shall be met by our bad ally Angvina first. Angvina serves as the bulwark.

The Final Campaign 119-21

The King attacks and takes the Zuur city of Darnewitz, but soon after the success, a major Zuur army marches on Zircera. The King returns to his base to defend it and a stalemate between the two armies develops. The Final Campaign becomes rather eventless. The Principality hero takes and razes the newly founded town of Wercherwitz on the border, and then ventures deep into enemy lands to find adventure.

Due to the stalemate, continued fighting is regarded as useless and the peace treaty is signed already in 121. The Principality has won a minor victory, but the Zuur army is still in full operation, undefeated.

I resign the game after this, since I need to start working on the update. The game is not dead though. It is downloadable as a scenario here and continues where I left off in the Year 121. You can choose to play the Principality and continue the destruction of Zuur, or you can play Zuur and defend it against the Principality invasions. Also, if you want, you can play as The Collective and be the third party that might actually turn the entire situation about. It was a fun game, and in its continued existence as a scenario, is an excellent game of Fairy Tale.

The End

8. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Great story, I really enjoyed reading it :goodjob:

9. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Thank you kindly. It's not too exciting, but except for a few parts, I wrote it like it could be in a real history book. The next story will probably be more of a true Fairy Tale though.

At times, I was really emotionally involved while writing, such as when Zuur backstabbed me and invaded my kingdom. That's where the "...we shall fight them on the beaches" stuff came from. I should have written those descriptions after I had beaten the enemy and not while they still were invading.

10. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Don't stop that. It made the whole story a bit more interesting. Also it made me think of Churchill (Is that a good sign?). Actually, when you wrote it, it sounded a bit Nationalistic, and that just makes the story more fun to read ;)

11. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

It was an almost complete quote of Winston Churchill; words uttered to spur the nation when the war was going really bad and the existence of the entire Empire was at stake.