1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A minor mistake in the huge RI world map scenario

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Realism Invictus' started by Sephykrowd, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Sephykrowd

Sephykrowd Chieftain

Trying out the RI world map, the barbarian cities of Ba and Yi in southwest China seem mixed up(Ba should be called Yi and vice versa).
    Also, I was gangbanged non-stop by South Chinese, Mongolia and Korea while playing as China in the world map, is there a way to prevent this except rushing them?

2. ThreeBlackSevens

ThreeBlackSevens Chieftain

I’m fairly new to the mod so this might not be great advice, but you could try focusing on settling south instead of north in the beginning, to let Mongolia and Korea share a border. That way they’ll fight each other too and South China will be a reduced threat that you may be able to take out fairly soon. c:

3. jafink

jafink King

The world map is not particularly balanced, so for certain Civs you are better off playing one difficulty higher or lower than you normally do. I usually play on Emporer or Monarch in custom games. Right now I am playing through a Monarch game as Poland on the smaller of the two huge world maps, and it is absurdly easy. Next game I might try China (since you say they are challenging) or Germany, because I have also heard that Germany is a difficult starting spot.

4. Sephykrowd

Sephykrowd Chieftain

I probably struggle because I'm not that good of a player, to be honest.