1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A mishmash of ideas, bugs, suggestions and impressions from a first play through.

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by Chamrin, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

But that normally only happens in cities, where attacking the tile damages the city, and neither unit can be directly targeted. So that doesn't really work here. There is no in-game mechanic for dealing with a land unit attacking a tile with a naval unit in it.

It might understand how to move through them, but it wouldn't understand how to station ranged ships in them to make their ships invulnerable like cities do.

2. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

To put it another way, say a Knight attacks a Carrack stationed in a fort-canal. The attack would probably be 26:c5strength: vs 23:c5strength: and proceed normally - as if both were land units.

My guess is the ordinary combat engine takes effect without the presence of a city. I doubt Firaxis wrote special code to handle this situation, since it can't happen in the normal game. The most logical approach from a programmer's perspective is to ignore the possibility of land attacking sea... though Firaxis is not always logical! :lol:

3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I think 5 iron is still too much iron:)

4. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

We now have 8 horses and iron combined per territory, which means maybe ~5-6 that are accessible. I think the strategic resource balance feels pretty good now.

5. Zaldron

Zaldron King

I like the slightly randomized quantities personally but I can go either way.

6. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

I really liked the randomness when there was three major strategic sources like in Civ IV.

If I didn't have Iron I had Copper to make those awesomer axemen. If none of those I had horses.

Without the Axemen I truly prefer swords to horses so Can live with the spread as it is.

7. Naeven

Naeven Warlord

About canals, I'd love to have it ingame, especially since I play alot of Earth maps. But I wouldn't spend a engineer/general for it. Giving it to forts as the mod above seems OK, but I rather see it as an improvment costing high upkeep + long buildtime by Worker.

Maybe give it some yield just to make it decent for cities, unless we can make it be on the same tile as improvment + road.

8. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

I think the ideal solution is forts as mini-cities capable of garrisoning archers, performing ranged bombardment, and attackable with siege units. They would also act as canals since ships can move into port cities. The AI already has code for placing and defending cities, so Civ games could finally have an AI capable of using forts. If I have the time to learn how to make core mods, I plan to do this some day.