1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A modmodAdd Mandate of Heaven system and Chinese dynasties to DoC

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by soul-breathing, Apr 6, 2012.

1. soul-breathing

soul-breathing Chieftain

We noticed that as the longest civilization in the game, playing China sometime turn to be time-costing and a little boring. We think China could get divided into several dynasties to improve the game experience, or, may make the game more interesting. Certain new game mechanics could also be introduced, such as the mandate of heaven system presented in RFCA, in order to make a balance with Apostolic Palace system. However, in respect that someone may not agree with adding too many Chinese oriented elements in DoC, we are planning to make an alternative modmod. You could choose on your own.

RFCA's page: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=454364

Basically it seems like a combination of DoC and RFCA. Here are our initial conceptions:

1. Mandate of Heaven system.
    A system introduced in RFCA by @civ-addicted. Factions that control all of China proper and set their capital within it can get the mandate of heaven, which means to be regarded as the legitimate ruler of China.

The faction flag will change to Chinese-character style. And anyone who takes the mandate of heaven can gain following benefits:
    1. No anarchy during state religion and civs switch.
    2. Hasted great-people birth rate and military unit training.
    3. Starts a golden age.

The ideas above are originated from RFCA. Feel free to distribute more advices.

2. Detailed Chinese dynasties.
    China will get divided into several historical dynasties to represent its long history. Each dynasty could have its own UHV, UU, UB and UP. AI Chinese dynasties will automatically crush in right time(always when next dynasty is born), leaving spaces for new dynasty to rise. Non-Chinese civilizations can also take the mandate of heaven to establish a new dynasty, as long as they control China proper and move capital to China. (Mongolian Yuan and Jurchen Qing dynasty could emerge in this way.)

3. Some more details.
    As every Chinese dynasties may live only a few hundred of years, for example, Tang Dynasty, from about 600AD to 960AD, Song Dynasty's birth, only 360 years, 36 turns in normal and 45 turns in epic. that is too short. So when you play by Chinese dynasties, I suggest marathon. Also, we will do some adjustment to make Chinese dynasties more industrial and reduce their likeness to build military units, to make it more balanced.

Those above are an originality mainly by myself, and thanks to @qiu's translation. If you understand Chinese, please click this, it may make you more clear about our plan:
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1496242457?pn=1

Now, since I'm nearly knowing nothing about how to make a mod, anyone who have suggestions or want to help me make this mod can reply here.

We Need Your Help!

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

If this modmod is for DoC, I think it would be more useful place this thread in the DoC Forum instead of here.

3. soul-breathing

soul-breathing Chieftain

Er...In fact it's my mistake when I post it, if necessary, the administrator could delete this thread...

And BTW, could you give me some suggestion, please? I see you're also making a DoC modmod right now...

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I think you can't compare your and mine modmod. I only add some units and buildings. You're adding some new civs etc.. So I'm afraid I can't help you very much.

But if you have a question, feel free to ask and I will try to help. (But do it in the DoC forum, so Leoreth can also help)

5. soul-breathing

soul-breathing Chieftain

Yes, of course.:)