A More Perfect Union

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by yahzuk, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Ceskari

Ceskari Prince

The Third Congress of the Communist Party is in progress in Washington. Little has been achieved so far, except speeches and general celebrations for the Party reaching "Major Party" status. We are still waiting for the new delegates to arrive, but in the mean time, we are reminiscing the first ship "Granma" to reach these shores... telling war stories on how we threw the imperialists out... and jokes about the hardship on founding of Washington... Well, there's more vodka for us now that the other members haven't shown up.

2. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

Supreme Court Rulings, Judgements & Constitutional Interpretations
    • SC-16: Party status due to number of members does not change until the player list is updated at the beginning of the next congress session.

Commentary: Although the Communist party's 5th member happened to join fairly early in the week, it could just have easily happened 5 minutes before the end of the session. The Communist Party does not officially change status to Major Party until the list is updated for S5.

darknight and filli noctus are still both candidates in the minor party primary for representative of New York 2nd, and communist party members are still eligible to vote is this primary

3. Sparthage

Sparthage Fighting Tyranny

Attention American Citizens!

The United States Congress is now an open forum for all to view. Senators and Representatives, please accept your official invitations to the group. Citizens, if you have something to say to Congress, send it to your Senator or Representative for posting in the SG. Or, you can simply post it here.

OOC: The idea for a seperate Congress group is for faster communication between Senators and Representatives as their numbers increase.

edit: I have since changed the purpose of the Congress Social Group. See the Historical Archives thread in the SG for posts in the intial AMPU version.

4. Princeof Persia

Princeof Persia Emperor

Is there still runnings for the new representative spot in NY?

5. Sparthage

Yes, Princeof Persia, it is. You're just declaring your candidacy right now.

6. darknight66071

darknight66071 Chieftain

I vote for myself, darknight66071, for Senator of Washington.

As I said previously, if elected I promise to perform my duties and exercise my rights as Senator consistantly. I am very interested in enacting more social policies in Liberty. I am also very interested in improving our productive capacity as a nation.

7. Rudragun

Rudragun Warlord

I would like to propose a bill:
    America shall adopt Republic as the next social policy.

Senator Rudragun

8. Sparthage

As Representative of New York District I, I propose the following bill:
    The following was posted in Congress's SG as a proposed dot map for our third city.

9. GreyWithAnE

GreyWithAnE Warlord

Here is my bill:

New York shall place a Coliseum as the next item in its production queue.

I would also like to thank Sparthage for his city-location map. I marginally favor locations 2 and 3 (well, one spot SE of 3, because 3 is too close to Japan to be allowed) over location 1, because we need the marble.

10. Ceskari

Ceskari Prince

I will vote darknight66071 for Senator of Washington in the Minor Party runoff.

11. Ceskari

Ceskari Prince

Whereas it is recognized that the Japanese threat requires immediate expansion of our Nation, and,

Whereas the Congress in its debate has proposed suitable Settler locations and ensured support for such an action,

I am issuing a Presidential Executive Order to send the Settler to found a new city in location "1" shown in the map provided for us by Representative Sparthage.

12. GreyWithAnE

GreyWithAnE Warlord

Let it be known that, as of this next session of Congress, I hereby join the America's Fist Party. This fulfills the promise I made with my very first post (!) that I would join the 3rd major party in our great country.

But I make this decision not just to uphold my word. Not just does AmFist's manifesto match my own ideals, but the individual members of it have proven themselves thorough, rational, sensible in their deliberations and decisions. This is precisely the type of leadership this country deserves, and that I endorse as a statesman. All should note, however, that I will continue to vote and act with my principles, and not necessarily with my party...although since New York's citizens are almost all AmFist, it shouldn't be tough to make those align for congressional elections.

From sea to shining sea, fellow citizens!

OOC: With a 3rd major party, we are now more pluralistic than real-life America!

13. Sparthage

Welcome to the party Grey!
    Of course, I'd vote against myself if I thought that I would not act correctly. :crazyeye:
    :lol:

With Grey's joining of the America's Fist Party, this makes us a Major Party on the same standing as the AFP and Communists. The elections should get interesting in the future.

14. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

The Supreme Court has issued the following rulings, judgements and constitutional interpretations.
    • SC-17: Bills and/or Executive Orders may reference a labeled location on in in-game map, as a clear and concise way to indicate a location.
    • SC-18: Bills and/or Executive Orders may reference previously enacted laws and/or Executive Orders, as a clear and concise build upon already enacted legislation.
    • SC-19: Bills and/or Executive Orders may not reference out-of-game documents, maps or materials, as they have not been established as part of the game.

15. Sparthage

:gripe::gripe::gripe: SERIOUSLY YAHZUK???!!! SERIOUSLY???!!! :gripe::gripe::gripe:

How's this for a bill?
    Just kidding, yahzuk, just kidding. But seriously, how do you want us to tell you where to move the settler to if we can't give you a picture with a circle on the spot?

I'll propose this bill instead:

16. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

SC-17 specifically gives you the ability to mark up a picture with a labelled dot, as you already have done, as long as the picture you're starting from is one of the screenshots from the game.

What you cannot do is take a picture of a RL atlas of the United States and use it as the starting point for your picture with a dot, because the atlas would be considered an out-of-game map.

17. Sparthage

Ohhhhh... *gains wisdom as to yahzuk's wording"

Then the declaration thingy is just poorly worded...

And you have no problem with my newer bill?

18. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

The congress session is now closed

19. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

Busy session! Wasn't able to finish tonight. I'm away most of the weekend, so expect results until late Sunday or Monday.

20. Sparthage

I will stop expecting results at 7:30 PM on Sunday :)