A new challenge of patch ! (as a Christmas gift ...)

Humungus

Chieftain
Hello guys, hello Darkpanda, Tupi, I've a proposal of patch :

First i have to say that i ALWAYS save my games on the first slot (whitch correspond to civil0.sve). I'm sure many players do the same ...
I propose to do a patch for the civ.exe leads directly to the "load game" screen or even better, directly loads the first line of the saved games (slot 0)

As a result, i would have 2 exe files :
- my "classical" civ.exe witch aims the menu screen, in order to create a new game,
- and another clg.exe (aka civ load game), witch loads directly my save game, when my game is already engaged.

Thank you by advance, and happy christmas to all the Civ community

Humungus

Hello guys,

Is this patch too difficult to create, or does it present no interest for you ?

Bye

Humungus

There are Jcived patches that get you close, you can disable the pre game options, screen fades and intro to instantly get to the main menu.

Hello guys,

Is this patch too difficult to create, or does it present no interest for you ?

Bye

Humungus
Sounds like a fun patch, and I am also wondering whether CIV.EXE takes arguments on command line, such as which game to load...

Direct load or open load screen both sound feasible, I just need to dedicate some time to it...

Sorry if I missed your thread, I'm really just looking at the forums every now and then 😅.

Will keep you posted,

Cheers

Command line parameters would be quite the discovery after 30 odd years! Mac Civ lets you double click the save files and launch straight into the game, oh the luxury :)

Top Bottom