• Asia

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ilr_18

Chieftain
I started playing RFC about a month ago and since I started I've always wondered when a new civ would be added, but also where (What continent it would be in)

It would be nice to see a European Nation added but I find that Europe is crowded enough as it is. Also I find the Middle East also a crowded area. However North and South America are empty, (South America More). Then theres Asia I find if China is conquered by barbs or becomes Indepent, Asia can be pretty empty to. Africa seems ok if Carthage survives. And finally Austalia, well considering theres no civ in it, it would seem empty but theres always a European/Asian nation that colonizes it, so its not that bad.

So my question is where would you like a new civ added?

Actually, I don't think we really need any more civs, but if I had to choose a region, it would be Asia. Southeast Asia is not represented. And at present, there is only one civ in China, while Europe has 7 or 8.

My two cents, not like it matters, but:

0) Enlarge E. Asia and add Korea! PLEASE! If any civilization was added I wish for this one.

1) Either remove Turkey, or jack up their presence in Anatolia tremendously (the Ottomans were wayyyy more powerful then they are represented here)

2) Add Zulus or another southern african civilization. Even if Zulus arrived late, southern africa always has tons of space to expand. Or Abysynnians or something.

2) Northern North America needs a CIV! And an early one too. There's tons of choices here, Iriquois, Sioux, etc etc. I think the Native americans are currently grossly under-represented. They should start off really early also.

3) Consider some kind of polynesian or malaysian civilization. Australia and malaysia is often untouched until late in the game, or only settled by Japan and England.

4) If possible (probably not) consider enlarging central america and adding Mayans.

5) Consider adding Tibet

6) Also consider adding the Khmer [S.E. Asian civ]

Anyways, this mod just keeps getting better and better. I love it!

I seem to be thinking along the same lines as Danger Bird.

I voted Asia.... but I mean S.E. Asia - it's void of life where wonderful, vibrant cultures once stood.

My order of voting would be:

Asia (meaning S.E. Asia-Indonesia)
Africa (it's just too empty)
South America (hard to find an appropriate one, but all too quiet there)

then several steps of importance down...

North America (a native tribe would be nice, but not important)
Europe (packed already and totally unnecessary to add more)
Australia (Aboriginals? Don't see as it's worth it - they wont go anywhere or do anything except waste space)

I dont see the point in adding civs to north america or australia. However I think Khmer would be a good adition, as would an african civ and posibly one in eastern europe. Also I would still like to see Brazil if it can have a fighting chance, maybe if it started as a vessal of spain...

Ok, here's my opinion:
Africa can have more civs, like the zulus, or another.
America really doesnt have another real civ except for the mayas. The american replubics other than usa really arent that important. And adding the mayas would remove territory from the aztecs, so it should be careffuly thought before implementing.
Asia really could have another civ, like corea or some south-eastern civ (that would be great)
europe is already crowded, and most important civs are there.
Oceania? there werent civs there, just technological backyards. Not like the great empires of the incas mayas and aztecs.

My two cents, not like it matters, but:

0) Enlarge E. Asia and add Korea! PLEASE! If any civilization was added I wish for this one.

Agreed, Korea would be nice, at least add them as a minor civ (celtic like)

1) Either remove Turkey, or jack up their presence in Anatolia tremendously (the Ottomans were wayyyy more powerful then they are represented here)
This is a question of balancing the hot pot Middle East, i think this process is already going on, no need to accelerate it (would only disturb it).

2) Add Zulus or another southern african civilization. Even if Zulus arrived late, southern africa always has tons of space to expand. Or Abysynnians or something.

Something stirring up South Africa would be nice. As a minor civ (no way to win for them), the Zulu would be ok. Different idea: Adding the Dutch (which would start quite late, possibly as a Minor Civ) which would take PERHAPS Amsterdam, but mostly The Boer Area and Batavia. This would be a creative solution. Of course, this would open up the same thing for Portugal which thus would also have to start quite late and claim mostly Brazil, perhaps Angola, creating more competition in South America. The negative is of course that they would only be Minor civs, would take two cities in Europe and perhaps would mix up the power balance in Europe as minor civs (and would be two more civs for the Computer to compute ;)).

2) Northern North America needs a CIV! And an early one too. There's tons of choices here, Iriquois, Sioux, etc etc. I think the Native americans are currently grossly under-represented. They should start off really early also.

NO, absolutely no. What would be the point? How would they cooperate with America? Could the US go on its settling spree to the West? Wouldn't it be quite unhistorical for the US to go conquer (!) Indian Cities (!!)? There simply were no settlements comparable with European cities or even with Mesoamerican (Cahokia is the exception, but one city would mess it all up and therefore isn't considered). Besides, Rhye has said this is no discussion!

3) Consider some kind of polynesian or malaysian civilization. Australia and malaysia is often untouched until late in the game, or only settled by Japan and England.

I see nothing stating that English (or Japanese) colonization of Australia isn't fine. As for Indonesia/Malaysia, the lands aren't quite good there and imho one South East Asian civ is enough and neither the Polynesian civ (Were they once one state?) nor the Malaysian Civ (Well, a Thai based civ is better) deserve it. Besides, if we have the Dutch as a Minor civ, then there are some cities in the area!

4) If possible (probably not) consider enlarging central america and adding Mayans.

The map simply isn't that big for them, although I agree that some more action would be good for the area, but I rather search it with the Spanish!

5) Consider adding Tibet
Well, Tibet has not much chance of winning (besides UHV), which would give them to us as a Minor Civ, and I'm not sure if this is worth the effort (Remember, quality is top priority for Rhyes). Besides that I'd say they were a perfect addition.[/QUOTE]

6) Also consider adding the Khmer [S.E. Asian civ]
Now we're getting somewhere. A link between India and China would be welcomed, as well as a strategic anti-player for whoever colonizes the area. But there are some points: Who? the Khmer, the Thai or Indonesia? Latter would be quite South, island kingdom, and they were not the most important. The Khmer had only a very short role in history, can the represent all of South East Asia? The Thai on the other hand were important, stayed important and have some continuity. My vote goes to the Thai. How? We need first someone to make good graphics for them (basic condition for Babylon!).

In conclusion, Only the SEAC (South East Asian Civ) deserves a full place in the game. The Other are candidates for Minor Civs (Zulu, Dutch, Portugal, Korea, Tibet, Maya), but the question here is if they are worth the effort, and the sad answer is no, most of them would only clutter up the screen and don't really add new things (Maya and Tibet for example would have one or two cities and thus can be represented by Independent leaders, same goes for Korea where only a full implementation would make sense).

Thank you for reading...

mitsho

I've voted for Asia.

The main problem in Asia is if China collapses. If not, China takes the lead on the scoreboard and keep the Asian Continent as his backyard. If yes, like I'm experiencing in my present game

= I'm Japan and I've invaded Seoul, a plague propagated from India to Hungzou, that gives two major hit on the stability check, 5 turns later, China is Barb, Mongolia was stricked away several turns ago and Japan is in heaven, the game is no more balanced anymore).

Option A : we add no more civ and if China collapses, the game is no more balanced in Asia.

Option B : we add Korea, but the Korean area is very very small and they will be crushed down by Japan or China itself in very few turns.

Option C : we add a distant, less dangerous for them, Civ that can come into play (or circumnavigate) if they feel like it (Khmer, Samarkand).

My three Yuans

I would rather have Khmer than Thai but thats just me, and that argument should wait untill we know if we are going to have a SE asia civ or not I guess...

A Zulu minor civ. That's what I wanted to see a long time ago. A Khmer civ, Minor or playable would be nice too. Korea is a big hole in the game too.

Southeast Asia should have a civ for sure.

Forgot to say, I've voted on asia, preferably a south-eastern civ.
And i disagree with adding brazil. Brazil is a big country, but a too recent one. And unlike usa, it is not that important.
If we add brazil we would need to add mexico, paraguai, argentina...

I'm not voting, we don't really need any more civs in most of those areas.

There's no room in Europe,

Khmer or Siam or whatever, well, I dunno,

A civ in South America or Africa would do nothing other than slow down colonization and result in more aztec/inca-like situations, and significantly weaken Spain,

North America and Australia have similar problems. America already doesn't perform the greatest and a native civ would just make them worse, or if there entire civ was within the flip area, then what would the point be? To make colonization even harder? If the Incans and Aztecs don't get killed, then why would we put in the Sioux? So that they can dominate North America and not get killed? Same thing with an Australian civ.

So, just why? Why?

Asia could use a civ.

However, I completely disagree about there not being enough room in Europe. There is plenty of space between Germany and Russia, and Poland would be a good choice(If you were to put one there).

I'm more for Asia though.

Top Bottom