A New Dawn Beta Builds

Oh, thanks.

I'll miss my current game but i have probably won there anyways, got twice score of closest enemy. Really enjoyed slow tech advance and limits to expansion. Game became much more challenging after midgame. No more city building rush then stomp all other civs. And no more 1-2 turns per tech research rate, thats good too.

Oh, thanks.

I'll miss my current game but i have probably won there anyways, got twice score of closest enemy. Really enjoyed slow tech advance and limits to expansion. Game became much more challenging after midgame. No more city building rush then stomp all other civs. And no more 1-2 turns per tech research rate, thats good too.

Trust me, you will need every advantage, including Early Buildings, to achieve anything of equity with other civs in beta3 :satan:.

Possibly, but changing the growth in 2.8 was what broke RoM's balance with Happy and Healthiness. I'm reverting back to what worked.

And as os79 correctly said, the growth is nearly 2.71 levels, not exactly 2.71 levels. Remember, some civics affect growth now, as do buildings. And I changed it so when a city unlocks the third radius, growth takes twice as long.
I see.

I notice that Federal civic comes at Social Contract while Democracy comes at Representative Democracy, a later tech than Social Contract. That would ensure that almost no player will ever play Democracy because though Federal lose 15% of production (compensated by other stuff), Federal will always be a superior choice.

Should Democracy be available at Representative Democracy, then Federal be available at... Rifling? Around that period, Federal system was found to be far more effective compared to Democracy, ideally speaking. [Civil War debates on state rights, I'm looking at you].

I notice that Federal civic comes at Social Contract while Democracy comes at Representative Democracy, a later tech than Social Contract. That would ensure that almost no player will ever play Democracy because though Federal lose 15% of production (compensated by other stuff), Federal will always be a superior choice.

Should Democracy be available at Representative Democracy, then Federal be available at... Rifling? Around that period, Federal system was found to be far more effective compared to Democracy, ideally speaking. [Civil War debates on state rights, I'm looking at you].

Sure... But I think Democracy needs a unique flavor bonus as well, to make the choice at least a little more difficult. Hmm.

Sure... But I think Democracy needs a unique flavor bonus as well, to make the choice at least a little more difficult. Hmm.

Drop Tax rate anger because ideally Representative Democracy is supposed to have citizens be really, really involved in tax.

While in Federal system, people still vote but have less power because the elite (government officials, corporations, and other high level people) control taxes to their benefits so 10% tax anger in Federal can make sense here.

Is there a way to re-enable static leaderheads? I often play on very large maps, and even small tweaks like static leaderheads reduces my overall memory footprint to below the ~3GB limit (win7x64).

New Features:
  • Civilizations now only have 1 UU each.

Does this mean that the beta removes all the flavor units? If so what's the reason? I don't think flavor units have unbalanced the game. On a different note, good luck with CiV Afforess and keep making great mods.

@Afforess

I see this chain in Building Upgrades page:
Grocer--->Supermarket--->Hypermarket

How come market isn't there?

@ER5013
Flavor units are there but done differently in xml.

@ER5013
Flavor units are there but done differently in xml.

Thanks for the fast response. Just what do you mean by done differently? Hopefully after this I'll stop bugging you guys about this subject. ;)

Thanks for the fast response. Just what do you mean by done differently? Hopefully after this I'll stop bugging you guys about this subject. ;)

Afforess added a xml tag that give a civ their flavor unit if it is available. I think it is in Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml.

I for one will Miss the tanks, Migs and buildings unique to that civ...it is starting to feel more like Vanilla :(

As for bugs some wonder's txt is still not showing such as Chomisade.

Also I have Dynamic names enabled and it is still only showing default.

Please bring back the unique units :goodjob:

I for one will Miss the tanks, Migs and buildings unique to that civ...it is starting to feel more like Vanilla :(

As for bugs some wonder's txt is still not showing such as Chomisade.

Also I have Dynamic names enabled and it is still only showing default.

Please bring back the unique units :goodjob:

They are there, OK? Just not as unique units but as flavor art tag in civilizationinfo xml.

Hi

Great news. MP now works, at least it has in the test game. Connecting and loading and everything.

Bad news, with Ruthless AI, In Monarchy level 'Pacal II' has greatly overdone his military. Pushing out units very fast. Having 10+ units for each city, and those he has only 5. And that does not seem to effect his economy or scientific research.
I have nothing against badass opponents, but this is just too much. I have destroyed his units by boatloads and he still keeps popping them out like rain from stormclauds.
( We do not have even Machinery yet).
I have met none other civs, thus cannot say if all of them are acting so.

Is this intended ?

So you need screenshots/saves etc ?

FYI, folks, Afforess is taking a leave of absence for one week. He'll be back then. Continue dropping your feedback. He'll be checking here occasionally.

Is there any way to turn off "Dark ages" - as they are seen from 'Victory Screen' -> Settings.

I have seen in previous games (with previous versions), that dark ages active all the time. ( i would like them to be normal, than its fun.) Hopefully it wont be a problem, but i'd like to know if i can turn it off or not.

Attachments

• Dark_ages.jpg
    Dark_ages.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 93
Couple of things:

1. How does the "Auto Protect" work? I have it pointed at the units and it put them together but they wont move? Also i tried with a regular unit and it does nothing, if you don't stack them first, again then they don't move? pic 1

2. Pillaging - You can see in the two pics "before and after", that the gold increased dramatically when i pillaged the horse pasture of an enemy? pic 2 & 3

EDIT: I was wrong, the gold was from taking over an enemy city, see pic 4 & 5

EDIT: EDIT: OK, i quit the game and re-started it back up, this time it subtracted/added the correct amount in the gold area?? pic 6 gold2

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Got this python error? When a civ overtook my city, then again when i took over it myself again also?? (pic Overflow)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 734, in onReligionRemove
File "PyHelpers", line 16, in __init__
OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int

REV 400. 2 comments:
PLEASE change the "S" key back to sentry (not autoprotect)
Government civic Republic is pretty wothless now. Maybe instead its +10 culture in all cities?

Is there any way to turn off "Dark ages" - as they are seen from 'Victory Screen' -> Settings.

I have seen in previous games (with previous versions), that dark ages active all the time. ( i would like them to be normal, than its fun.) Hopefully it wont be a problem, but i'd like to know if i can turn it off or not.

If you are playing with 1.75beta, you SHOULD NOT BE ABLE to play with Dark Ages, period. You turned it on with hidden XML. Thus that make this problem unsupported here.

Top Bottom