A New Dawn Beta Builds

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

1. lichen8566

lichen8566 Warlord

....... To lower the MAX_BOMBARD_DEFENSE not work, the early weapons still have no effect.

Check the code below:

File: CvUnit.cpp Line:5516
    Code:
    int iBombardModifier = 0;
    		if (!ignoreBuildingDefense())
    		{
    			iBombardModifier -= pBombardCity->getBuildingBombardDefense();
    		}

pBombardCity->changeDefenseModifier(-(bombardRate() * std::max(0, 100 + iBombardModifier)) / 100);

File: CvCity.cpp Line:9081
    Code:
    void CvCity::changeDefenseModifier(int iChange)
    {
    	if (iChange != 0)
    	{
    		int iTotalDefense = getTotalDefense(false);

if (iTotalDefense > 0)
    		{
    			changeDefenseDamage(-(GC.getMAX_CITY_DEFENSE_DAMAGE() * iChange) / iTotalDefense);
    		}
    	}
    }

If I bombard the city that has 300% defenses and 80% bombard defenses ( that's common for a city in the medieval era. ) with catapult ( which has 8% bombarb rate ).

The final bombard modifer value is 1% ( where in the first section of code is "pBombardCity->changeDefenseModifier(-(8 * std::max(0, 100 + -20 )) / 100); " ). And in the second section of code " changeDefenseDamage(-(GC.getMAX_CITY_DEFENSE_DAMAGE() * iChange) / iTotalDefense); " where getMAX_CITY_DEFENSE_DAMAGE() returns 100 and the iTotalDefense is 350, so that we can only reduce the city defenses for 1 / 350 = 0 point.

There are other bombardment units like early fighters have less bombrate, but they ignore the bombard defense of city, so actually they have more strength than catapult.

I highly recommend that to change the value of MAX_BOMBARD_DEFENSE to 80 and change the code to below:

Edited, the previous code is wrong.
    Code:
    void CvCity::changeDefenseModifier(int iChange)
    {
    	if (iChange != 0)
    	{

if (iTotalDefense > 0)
    		{
    			changeDefenseDamage( ( std::max( -( GC.getMAX_CITY_DEFENSE_DAMAGE() * iChange / iTotalDefense ), 1 ) ) );
    		}
    	}
    }

Wish the A New Dawn will be better and better. :)

2. os79

os79 Deity

About bombarding...

My invading army is usually the groups of five. That mean that one group of five is the siege weapon of the era I'm in. Therefore, I wonder if having five siege weapons of Classical Age (Ancient Cannon) would solve the above problem or is the problem valid even if I had five ACs?

3. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Maybe the BUG team could use this.:)

I am downloading now.

Edit: 666th post:devil::satan:

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

No Need. I lowered the MAX_BOMBARD_DEFENSE to 75%. I saw the same thing in earlier tests.

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I am trying to get 4.5 to work with NO success. I went out an bought a new PC yesterday, with Win7 and i can't get your stuff to work. Its get to the build uninstaller and says an error happened and canNOT continue. It just stalls there. Any ideas?

EDIT: I believe its because in Win7 they have two Program files, one for 64 bit and the other for 32 bit, its called "Program Files (x86)" so your stuff isn't working correctly with people with a 64 bit machine, any ideas on how to remedy this?

6. Ophryon

Ophryon Chieftain

To save space, I'll just second all the kudos above. Great mod and thanks for your work!

Possible bug report for the new beta 4.5 below. If you think it's the fault of one of the other components, please let me know and I can post it in their thread.

I am having a small problem with the Espionage screen. The first time I earn enough points to "See Demographics" for an opponent, the Missions screen looses its bottom row of commands (Missions/Spy vs Spy/ Exit). The background row is still there, but the clickable words are gone. I can still ESC-key out of the screen, but can no longer click out or select Spy vs Spy. Testing this, I discovered that I can remain on the Spy vs Spy screen for as long as I like after achieving demographics. The error only happens once I click over to the Missions screen.

Playing on a fresh install of RoM Full 2.81 with the new AND beta 4.5 (recommended install) and all selectable options under custom game turned off (also tested your default custom-game setup and many other combos before just turning them all off).

7. RobO

RobO King

I checked No Warlords at game setup, yet Military Training says it will give me the Warlord units. I haven't finished researching it yet, so I don't know if they will actually appear. This is 1.60b4½

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

That's 43C in the shade not in the sun on the footpath where it is probably closer to 60C. Besides the govt is running its anti-sun cancer adverts at the moment. Oh wait a minute what is that Noel Coward song "Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid day sun." :)

9. phunny_pharmer

phunny_pharmer Chieftain

Afforess-

Could you please post the code for beta 4.5 along with the installer?

10. Afforess

Added it to the OP.

11. Axil

Axil Prince

Installer doesn't work properly for me - on a fresh installation of ROM if I try to add AND the installer goes through the motion and installs the file but crashes with an error on trying to write the uninstall data - win 7 x64

12. Ganja

Ganja Chieftain

I use windows 7 64 bit and have not had a problem with any of these mods. I do however install the game on a separate drive to my windows installation.

13. Afforess

Can I see the error message?

14. Slammer64

Slammer64 Warlord

I am using Win 7 Pro x64, absolutely no problems as long as the installer is pointed to the right directory. Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

15. Axil

Axil Prince

I wish I could get it back up - when I launch the uninstaller now all I get is the console

All I can think off is that recently my game partition got corrupted so I had to reinstall CIV 4. ROM is in E:\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind (which I have always used).

Does ANDs installer put anything in the registry as that may be the reason.

Otherwise the error message is similar to the one I was getting when the version of AND was release with the bugged installer

On last thing also is the uninstaller icon for AND supposed to write to the desktop as it always does when i install AND and it's a pain

16. Afforess

I don't touch the registry. I recommend you do a clean install of RoM, my uninstallers don't seem to work, of late.

17. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Here are the german translations for AND 1.60 Beta 4.5. These will be my last translations until about mid-march cause I will be travelling - to a place were it´s much warmer than here today but not as hot than in Down Under...

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

strategy if you havn't seen the other posts yet use the "Program Files (x86)" path. I've been using a 64 bit OS and machine since last march. Load the game into the Program (x86) path and you should do just fine.

JosEPh :)

19. zonk

zonk Prince

FWIW, though I'm running Vista 64 bit, not 7 - this has always resolved my AND issues. I delete RoM, reinstall RoM, then install AND fresh... I've toyed with some of the AND files quite a bit (and as a result broken the AND mod quite a few times), so I've become well practiced at this :)

I put this all squarely on Mr Gates and his crew - as I've had a crapload of similar issues with other software (especially heavily modded) that was originally built for XP... no doubt, a few have been my problem, too, as I have probably forgotten/not properly pathed various patches and what not.

I'm sure there are perfectly logical reasons why the hell MS decided to go so so nuts thinking they were "helping" by customizing paths and default locations for various object types and whatnot, but I sure do long for the old days of a simple root directory. I LIKE my PC messy! Just let me decide where I want things installed, dammit!

20. lichen8566

lichen8566 Warlord

Yes, the bombard rate is not accumulated. I bombarded a city with ten more trebuchets but no effect.

And to Aff, you said no need, did you mean the early weapons should not have effect on a stronghold? Is it designed for that?

Edit:

The code above is wrong, I added the negative sign at the wrong place. The right one is below:

Code:
    if (iChange != 0)
    	{

if (iTotalDefense > 0)
    		{
    			changeDefenseDamage( ( std::max( -( GC.getMAX_CITY_DEFENSE_DAMAGE() * iChange / iTotalDefense ), 1 ) ) );
    		}
    	}

I'm faint... the value of defense damage is in percentage, that mean you must do 1% damage at least, or none. ( 1% is 3 points damage of 300% city defenses. ) But the m_iDefenseDamage variable is exposed to python, it will make a lot of errors if I just simply change it. What's your opinion, Afforess? If your goal is to make the early siege weapons efficient, I will work on it.