A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Hey,

I've been enjoying some multiplayer AND recently and I've run into two problems.

The first problem is only in effect when I run the mod as administrator and install it in the Program Files\... directory. Basically, I started to occasionally get "out of sync" errors. As time went on (and we started new games), they became more frequent. Finally, we started to get them every time someone founded a religion or city. Then, they started to happen on every turn. My client was always the out of sync one.

The second problem only happens when I install the mod in the My Documents\... directory and run as a normal user. We don't get sync errors anymore, but we can never continue a game once we leave it. Everyone fails to extract the game data and then Civ4 just crashes.

Any ideas?

2. Skyler827

Skyler827 Chieftain

All I know is something is causing the filepath and browse button to not work on my installer for 1.75 that is not affecting my 1.74 or 1.73 installers. There might be something else, or the some thing, that's causing "an error [to] occur with the installation" or vice versa.

I feel like if the installer crashed when looking for filepaths, it would stop responding at the "select your file destination screen" and not give me a box with no browse button. I also feel like if there were a registry problem I would be having problems with other mods. And while I suspect I may have a problem with my copy of Civ, I feel like it would have affected my other mods as well. And while I really want to think there's a problem with the installer, over 2,000 people downloaded RAND 1.75 with no missing browse buttons or filepaths. I just don't know.

Afforess, thank you so much for your patience with this issue, I understand you are probably really busy, but I really appreciate your help. And you too, Psyringe.

3. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Possibly, but I'm not sure.

Skyler827,

I downloaded the installer, and it works just fine. It's a problem on your end.

Next time you play a MP game, turn on error logging for both you and the other computers. When you go out of sync, provide me with the error log folders from ALL the computers online, and I'll do what I can to patch the problem.

4. Skyler827

Skyler827 Chieftain

Allright, I deleted all my Civ4 files and I'm downloading them again through steam. If that doesn't work, I'll just backup my computer and reinstall my operating system. I'll have extra time this Saturday, anyway.

That should work, right?

5. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Well, I've gone with the second option to avoid the sync error so now we're just getting the "failed to decompress game data" error when we try to resume a game. In other words, we'd play just fine for a night with no errors at all. Next night, we couldn't resume the save because we'd get decompress failures.

Is there some way that I can help you diagnose this problem? It happens with every save that we try to resume except for starting saves. Not just the one game, we've played a few quick test games and it always happens.

6. Afforess

In the Assets/XML/A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml, open it with notepad, and scroll to the bottom where there is an entry marked "XML Logging". Change the 0 to a 1, and then load the save. Wait for it to crash, then upload a zip of your logs folder. (Documents/My games/Beyond the Sword/Logs)

7. silentme

silentme Chieftain

Hi, after downloading the new version (1.75) and creating a clean install of both RoM and AnD, i notice that it is taking over 10 - 15 mins to load up RoM/AnD, any ideas as to what i am doing wrong?

8. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton One. And many.

Any word on the Revolution adviser?
    Is it correct that AND uses a pre-release version of RevDCM? If so, will you update AND to the then released version of it to ? :please:

Another thing - it won't be a bug, but out of curiosity: What is up with that?

Oh and the event where you can test some new herbal stuff to improve the health of your citizens risking population and temporarily happiness doesn't seem to work. Even though a message appeared announcing a "resounding success", no health improvement was detectable. :dunno:

Attached Files:

9. Dastingo

Dastingo Chieftain

So I'm not the only one with this problem.
    Click Me

10. Afforess

Okay, found the bug. Fix will be in Patch A.

11. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Here's a zip of me connecting to a game that wouldn't decompress.

Attached Files:

12. Kwami

Kwami Deity

And here's the save that won't decompress, too.

Attached Files:

13. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton One. And many.

It isn't that way for others?

edit: Ah it seems Patch A fixes this. Thanks Afforess!

14. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Options "Choose religion" and "Limited religions" aren`t working anymore :O :( each time i get RANDOM religion and i conquered holy city of 2 religions :-/ those options were working in 1.74 H for sure. Please fix this :(

15. Cr0wz

Cr0wz Chieftain

Another problem with the new patch, goodie hut Icon appears on the builder but when you try to place it on map comes out looking like a mine shaft. Plus many other icons don't place what they're supposed to.

16. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Warlord

Helo, i detected a problem in fish traps.

Give +33 of food!

17. Hailas

Hailas Chieftain

In World Builder, improvements don't work correctly.

My new city, size one, goes angry as if it has 6+ citizens.

Choose religion doesn't function...?

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Your size 1 city needs 3 defenders to clear the :redface: s This is a design feature that Aforress used.

JosEPh

19. Hailas

Hailas Chieftain

Okey, that's strange. A new city is so dissatisfied...

20. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Nevermind, it was the map that was messed up:blush:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.