A New leader indeed !

Let's add Phi/Ind to....

• Total voters
A new leader for Japan would be nice. A new leader with better AI too. Tokugawa Ieyasu was a brilliant strategist; it seems really illogical that Firaxis made his AI so abysmal in Civ4...

There shouldn't ever be a Philosophical/Industrious leader!

Come on, industrious helps you build wonders faster, wonders help you create great persons and philosophical doubles the gp rates!

qed

I'd love to see another Japanese leader, but they are wise to keep the Phi/Ind combo out of the game.

Genghis Khan was the greatest conqueror ever, or the closest anyone could get to title.

What about Alexander?

Anyway, I don't know if PHI/IND makes sense for Meiji - maybe it does, I just don't know that much about him. I'd like to see a new leader for Japan though... it's sad that such a cool Civ is ruined from having such an awful leader.

What about Alexander?

Alexander comes close, very close, but Genghis beats him because hes supposedly a stupid barbarian. And his (and co. and descendants') empires was the largest continuous land empire in history (the british was largest ever, but not continuous).

Anyhow, on topic, I think Ind/Imp could fit Meiji better, because at the time Japan was expandin' cross Asia, with all the "Yellow Peril" hype, taking down Taiwan, Korea, Qing China,, and really, the World War II business was only a couple decades away from Meiji anyhow.

I honestly don't care about "how it was in the real world." If this trait was brought in, it would have to be looked at in terms of balance. Japan gets the Samurai, which is very effective for a very long time. So I would not give it to japan. If a Meiji came in under Japan he should be Phi/Org. And it would fit him just fine.

China has 2 leaders they are fine. They don't need a 3rd. It's rediculous IMO to add in 3 leaders to a civ when some only have 1. As for changing any traits of one of its leaders, it has a good UU. The Cho-ko-nu is very comparable to the samurai in effectiveness. The pavilion, while not extremely wonderful can make a significant aid to a cultural victory. It could also help in a border 'control war'.

Akbar, same thing really. Decent UU, Decent UB. No need for a 3rd leader.

Sejong, is a little closer. The Hwacha, is ok. Not outstanding - and even suicidal in the game mechanics. Which effectively has you creating UUs to rush off to their deaths. The UB, isn't much But at the same time 2 universities for Korea is almost equal to 3. SO they sort of have a buy 2 get one free deal going on with universities. But I would say this choice is pretty decent option for Phi/Ind.

Nebu, The Babylon bow is a very effective unit early on. They are crossbows in the ancient age in a sense. Only a sword or another archer can hope to stand up against them. And the sword's chances deminsh the more the unit is leveled. I am a fan of this unit myself even though I havent got to use it much. You may not be able to plan a rush army soley made up of your UU, but using your UU as support role, it is effective many other rush strategies. As for the UB, eh. You will be thankful for it only near the later game when health limits are reached rather easily. Again, I would say Babylon would make a valid option.

I doubt we will see a Vietnamese Civ in the game. It would only be done in an expansion most likely, and we all know that wont be happening. Or at least we can all assume it safely now.

Personally, and in spite of the fact some people think the game is highly slanted towards America - and even with solid arguements in some cases, I would like to see either Roosevelt or Lincoln get it. Simply due to the fact that they are leaders you must play with only the sole help of your traits to get along. And get no help by your Uniques until the last stage of the game. I personally would rather see it go to Roosevelt over Lincoln though.

I always figured that Meiji would be Cha/Ind, but then they gave those traits to De Gaulle, if I'm not mistaken. And it's fine if you change Roosevelt...I'd rather play Cha/Phi anyway.

Roosevelt is a VERY potent leader with a great combination as it is; I don't think the Americans need any help and I don't see Philosophical as being a particularly American trait (insert joke here). If we're thinking of adding new leader to embody Phi/Ind how about Pericles? Athens was a center of culture and philosophy and Pericles did build the Parthenon (pretty industrious).

Pericles is responsible for a massive building program in Athens, completing not only the Parthenon but the entire rebuilt Acropolis, finishing up the Athenian Long Walls (they were started earlier, if I recall correctly), and the Temple of Hephaestus.

EDIT: That being said, I like Pericles as-is. :)

Pericles is responsible for a massive building program in Athens, completing not only the Parthenon but the entire rebuilt Acropolis, finishing up the Athenian Long Walls (they were started earlier, if I recall correctly), and the Temple of Hephaestus.

EDIT: That being said, I like Pericles as-is. :)

I wasn't aware that Pericles existed in BTS. I bought BTS from D2D but wasn't able to load it; it's in here somewhere but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to load it. Whatever his traits are in BTS, though, he seems like a natural for Phi/Ind if they ever decide to utilize that trait combination.

They gave him Cre/Phi, which is still a very good combo that fits him, but isn't as broken for a culture victory. Although, my easiest culture victory by far has still been with Pericles, but that is largely due to the Odeon and the Theatre and running more artists than I have ever done in a Civ game before...

any generic chinese dud

let me list some...

- Taizong
- Qianlong
- Kangxi
- Taizu
- Taizong
- Xuanzong
- Hongwu
- Sun Yat-sen
- Wudi
- Gaozu
- Wu Zeitian (thogh she's a "dudet" :))

and so forth...

Thank God, i'm not the only one who really hates Toku! :D

And those who are saying that Hiter and others should not be in the game because they where evil, before you go blabbing take a look at the leaders already in the game, open a history text book, read it, then I will take your opinion seriosuly.

I'm sick of people who don't know better who keep making Hitler out to be some freak in history, who we should never speak of and ommit from everday life.
In fact there were many like him which you have no problem with being in the game.

let me list some...

- Taizong
- Qianlong
- Kangxi
- Taizu
- Taizong
- Xuanzong
- Hongwu
- Sun Yat-sen
- Wudi
- Gaozu
- Wu Zeitian (thogh she's a "dudet" :))

and so forth...

I agree, but you listed Taizong twice :p

^oh, no, there were two different guys both named Taizong. ;)

And I just noticed that theres an option in the poll that says "Let's add Vietnamese leader". NOOOO!!!!!!!! :mad:

Top Bottom