A newbie question about corporation spread (for diseases)

Deon

Lt. of Mordor
Greetings, forum mates!

I've had an idea recently about a fun mod which integrates "evil doctor approach" to civilization where leaders can develop viruses, bacterias, parasites and other diseases. The goal should be to spread diseases in the world and to get "disease victory" where most part of the world should be diseased.

The first question which comes to mind is how to implement it. I thought it would be nice and not too hard to use corporation system for it. I.e. "bubonic plague" corp which reduces health and gives some other negative effect while your HQ recieves :gold: for "cure". But here comes the question - is it possible to make corporations to spread like religions currently do (via Open Borders, roads, trade routes and close locations), I'd like it to have an epidemic effect rather than to use corp. advocates which looks silly (but can still take place, via spies and possible huge negative diplomacy effects).

P.S. For those who didn't understand how should it work flavour-wise: the HQ should give some unique resource called "*** cure" (depends of disease) in multiple number, this resource is consumed to negate the bad effects of the corps, so you can sell it to your neighbours to help them. The :gold: from rivals' cities without resources is possible generated via "black market" (flavour-wise).

P.P.S. Is there a clever way to evade the "foreign corporations have no effect" from civics? I'd like to separate it somehow from usual corporations.

I just know this is going to start trouble, but it seems like the best implementation method would be to create custom religion-type entities rather than corporations. It'll probably require some python editing to get the HQ effects you want, but that's just about the only way to get the spread-effect that you're looking for.

Then again, it might not be necessary. Think about it: if you replace Mercantilism with something like Quarantine or tightly-closed borders, then it would keep out the diseases you're talking about, but really squash trade and other effects. Just an alternate idea.

I think it means how it spreads. I think that if its higher, it will spread more often, and you will see "xx has spread in yy" more. I normally dont mess with that, but it might work.

Top Bottom