A newbie's 1st Victory

beowolfff

Chieftain
I just managed to defeat all the other 4 civs in my latest game (Chieftain level - I'm playing americans). Its still the late 1800's when i finally defeated the tenacious japanese. I was expecting the "you win" message box or anything similar to appear but to my surprise, the game still went on (sorry this is obviously a newbie question!) What do I need to do to clinch the victory?:king:

There is probably one enemy settler moving around somewhere, possibly in a Galley. Either take it out (game will crash if it´s unpatched) or let it settle somewhere, then take it out.

Hope this helps. :)

It is either a settler moving around, a city in unexplored territory or it could be that you have to wait for the next turn to win.

Use the diplomatic screen to see if any civ is left, if no then end your turn and you win a conquest victory, congratulation.

Hey thanks, you guys were right. At the end of the turn I achieved my first conquest victory!

I want more! Grrrr. . . .

Wow, you posted here before you finished your turn?
Congrats on the victory. Was it effortless or a struggle? I just got beaten in a monarch game :( i was 2nd civ tho (it was actually 3rd civ that won, diplomatic, but better than 1st team winning scientific).

yeah i guess i just got impatient thinking that the win message box would appear (i was playing for 4 hours straight and i was getting impatient)

it was not much of a struggle since i was very patient in building up my forces. Pretty soon, city after city was either razed or absorbed into my civ by my infantry.

I'm about to win the current game I'm playing (as Iroqs) the mounted warriors are awesome in the early stages. Im thinking of playing the next level after this.

If you are going to play as a warmonger for the first time, I recomend you to be either Japan or the Greeks. The Samurai is a awsome unit, so is the Hoplit.

Originally posted by alpha one
If you are going to play as a warmonger for the first time, I recomend you to be either Japan or the Greeks. The Samurai is a awsome unit, so is the Hoplit.
I'd go china, sheerly because it's militaristic and industrious. They always help me get in a conquest sorta frame of mind.

Congrats on your conquest victory! :goodjob: I have yet to win a game in this matter. I did win my firt domination victory on regent last week though!

i haven't won a conquest victory yet, and i don't think i will, it's against my style of play. I get domination a long time before i kill everyone. I think i'm heading towards my first monarch victory. I don't want to speak too soon tho.

(EDITED)

Top Bottom