A nice little tip

Neo Guderian

Panzerarmee General
I was playing a game tonight and was doing quite well (about to win by conquest) and since i was moving alot of troops stacked i was using the 'J' command. Well, not thinking, I used this J Command for my cavalry units and the only Army I had(which was cavalry also) was emptied of its units when i used this command. I don't know if anyone else has found this yet or not but I was quite thrilled (i usually wait till i get cavalry to create armies because horsemen just dont cut it in the modern era.)

I really doubt this was intended by Firaxis in the 1.17 patch but thats the short of it.

simply put an army in a stack with identical units and use the J command to move them and your army will be unloaded.

Yeah, that´s a well-known bug. It usually ends in trouble, since the unloaded units are still considered a part of the army. People have reported crashes, invisible units and units moving mysteriously.

With this can you upgrade the units that are part of the Army without crashing the game? and can you add them back to the Army later?

Generally, just don't transport armies overseas, and try to be careful when moving them. After I tried transporting my Tank army to another continent, I had weird unit movements, and it all was strange. And the way army defended when attacked was stange, too.

Shall it be corrected in the coming 1.18, that's the question?

In my opinion, not only should the bug be fixed, but also the ability to upgrade your army should definitley be added. What exactly is it about having units in an army that would prevent those units from being upgraded???

Top Bottom