1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

A Noob SG.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by nzk13, Mar 9, 2012.

1. nzk13

nzk13 Some Jew-boy on Noble.

I would like to propose something: A succession game structured in such a way that some of its participants are novices (like myself), and some are veterans (like many, if not most of you). I would like 1 veteran, and 1 or 2 other Novices. (Novices are people who can win most of the time against the AI on Noble [but generally lose when attempting higher difficulties], Veterans are those who can consistently win against the AI on Monarch or higher.) Any volunteers?
    BtS 3.19 required.
    P.S. the game would run on Monarch,
    Standard Map Size
    Continents Map
    Default amount of AIs
    No Espionage
    Random Personalities
    You play as a Random Leader
    All Victories enabled
    Everything Else is the Default setting.

Slots:
    1 Veteran - Lone Wolf

2 Novices.

Nzk13
    Lempface

Attached Files:

2. nzk13

*bump* Seriously? Nobody?

3. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

Maybe attaching a screenshot of the starting position and a savegame may attract more interest.

4. nzk13

Of course! Why didn't I think of that? Attaching a Screenshot and a Save to the OP.

5. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

6. nzk13

Great! We now have 1. all we really need is a novice, because Lone Wolf here can play on Monarch very well. So, any novices who'd like to get better?
    P.S. If nobody wants to, then I may make this a regular SG, but I'm a novice, so...:) I hope I can fulfill my original intent.
    EDIT: Or, it may just be Lone Wolf & I. That's probably more likely. Lone Wolf, how long do you think we should wait for that last Novice slot to be filled?

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

That's up to you.

8. nzk13

Ok. How about this Saturday night at 8 PM EST?

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

10. nzk13

Well, I'm a little late in posting, but time's up. Lone Wolf, it's just you and me. How about we switch every 10 turns?

11. Lempface

Lempface Chieftain

Since you guys haven't started any chance I could get in? I play on Warlord and win 50/50. My techniques are improving especially early game but I get bogged down as the game progresses.

12. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

I'm fine with Lempface joining in. Anyway, since I'm the first in the roster, I should play my 10 turns today.

13. Lempface

Lempface Chieftain

Very nice! Will this SG work with bugmod? I've gotten so used to it its hard to play without it.

14. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Never mind, forgot to remove my own incompatible assets. I'll replay the turnset.

Dunno, ask the BUG people whether their mod works with the base game.

15. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Moved 1 tile south in hopes of gaining two floodplains, lost two hidden grassland corns. I thought that we were suffering from a plains cow bug, but I guessed wrong.

Went worker first, teched Agriculture, next the Wheel, set on Pottery. Placed a sign on a potential city site.

Just in case, check, can you open my save without crashing.

Attached Files:

16. Lempface

Lempface Chieftain

It works but made me unload my mod. I'm running BUG BAT and BULL if anyone has any ideas.

EDIT: Nevermind, my BUG gui is still showing up -=]

17. Lempface

Lempface Chieftain

Looks like we will need two farms to run this capital at 20 pop. Oasis and that many FP in the fat cross? =)

18. nzk13

Lempface, I am outvoted! Welcome aboard! I'll do my 10 turns tomorrow.

19. nzk13

Okay, the Worker's finished; I'm building a warrior so London has an opportunity to grow. I'm thinking that once we hit 2 or 3 pop, we can start on a Settler. The Wheel finished research, moved on to Pottery (done next turn); perhaps Animal Husbandry afterwards (for the Cows above London)? Anyway, the Worker's developing a Farm just SW of London, on the Flood Plains. I've sent the starting Warrior to explore West, he found a goody hut, (which spawned a Barbarian Warrior, which attacked him and lost, I promoted our victorious Warrior with Combat I), and a possible city site. Your turn, Lempface!

Attached Files:

20. Lempface

Lempface Chieftain

Alright, just loaded it up and everything seems in order as far as BUG and BULL working correctly! Major :smiles: for that working. So looking at things the stone seems nice so maybe early masonry? What about animal husbandry next for those cows?

The 2nd picture shows another possible city location, we'd need mysticism to pop the borders but it looks good to me. I haven't advanced turn 11 yet but the 1st picture shows we will get a new pop next turn on the farmed FP. Do you guys like that, or should we move him back to the oasis and shave a turn off of the research but push growth back a turn? I also moved the healed warrior one tile to the west into the forest and nothing interesting was revealed. I'll wait to hear back from you guys before proceeding! :) Having fun already!

Attached Files: