1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A possible Hammurabi bug

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by DogeEnricoDandolo, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

I found that if the first copy of a specialty district is one that you conquer from another civ, you won't get the first building upon city capture. However, when you try to build that district yourself for the first time, since the game thinks you already built it before, you won't get the first building either.

I don't think it is supposed to function this way.

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

3. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

I saw this in my first game with Hammurabi too. I didn't get around to building an IZ yet and conquered England's "empire". They had an IZ somewhere, and mine was done a few turns later. Did not get the first building, and England didn't have it either.

4. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

I don't have the save, but it is pretty easy to confirm, conquering neighbors with Babylon is a pretty common strat I've seen.

5. Swissy

Swissy Warlord

I think this is " working as intended". IIRC, you don't get a free melee unit when you conquer a city on a different continent when playing Victoria. And, you still won't get one if you subsequently build a city on that continent.

Weraptor likes this.
  6. Weraptor

Weraptor King

I don't see a problem here.

7. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Yeah but it's much easier for Firaxis if when reporting a possible bug you include a save file.

8. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

I can try to reconstruct another save file for that situation, since the one I have right now has mods.
    And she should have the free melee unit for that as well. The two descriptions clearly state "The first city you found" and "The first specialty district of a type you build", it is understandable if they don't count conquered infrastructure, but that conquered piece should not count against you.

the_sun, AlannaT and Noble Zarkon like this.
  9. Linklite

Linklite Prince

Just because it does the same bug elsewhere, doesn't mean it's not a bug. If it says the first one you build, then the first one you build should give you one unless it says otherwise.

It kinda nerfs Babylon pretty hard. Sounds like they'd struggle with an SV anyway, Dom takes away a good portion of their LUA if this isn't a bug.

10. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

"When you build the first", means 1: that district shall be "the first", 2: that district shall be "build", not "capture".

I think intentionally you shall meet both the conditions for it to work. So it works fine here.