A pretty easy and general idea about multiple GEMs.

civfan613

Warlord
Consists of a few parts:
1. Obviously based on the GEM we already have - no need for excessive work.
2. Make a few GEMs for different eras:
a. Make a list of all current Civs, then find (wiki) and define their "life range".
b. Same goes for on-map resources (no Mammoths in the year 1000CE, but maybe yes in 50000BCE).
c. Apply both to those specific maps (no Americans in 2000BCE, and no Native Indians after 1500CE).
3. Since it's max 50 civs anyways, some civs might get postponed to less crowded GEMs.

This should give us a few GEM versions that have ALL current civs, yet those make SOME sense time-wise.
Cause it's kinda stupid to have USA and Aztecs on the SAME map...

ATTENTION:
I still consider "making ONE map populated by a few dozens of generic regional civs that will unlock national cultures" being a BETTER option, but, well...

b. Same goes for on-map resources (no Mammoths in the year 1000CE, but maybe yes in 50000BCE).

Mammoths were around in 4000BCE and maybe later. Need to add an extinction event for all of this resource which has not been improved, perhaps. The main problem is matching it to a date, perhaps it should happen rarely in Ancient but almost definitely in Classical.

So, is there a chance for this???
Cause I'm kinda self-preventing from playing the current GEM due to it having too little civs, but being too mixed up time-wise.
And I'm kinda too lazy to do this project myself.

Top Bottom