1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A problem with the AI

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by haladwin, Feb 23, 2020.

1. haladwin

haladwin Chieftain

Hi everyone!!
    I have a request. I created a mod, taking a lot of hours in the development. I realy love what i did, but when me and my friends try to play with it, we noticed that the AI is useless in multiplayer. The mod was thinked to play in multiplayer WITH the AI.
    I just change the agressive level of all the civs to the maximun.
    When i play alone, the CPU players are realy difficult, but when another human is in it, the AI is just stupid and passive.
    I need to know if there is a way to make the AI more active, more agressive.
    Thak you!!!

2. Snodmaulvenn

Snodmaulvenn Chieftain

I also have a feeling when i play vs ai that all ais are plotting and cheating against me, thats why i disable tech trading.
    To make ai more agressive maybe disable passive victory types and add special buildings that only ai can make that pump units every turn.

3. Fergei

Fergei Chieftain

I am not an expert on this, but I do get competitive AI in my multiplayer games - so this works from me (after stealing the tip from elsewhere).

If you load up your disappointing mulitplayer game as solo player, it will probably say that the difficulty is Regent (even if you selected something other than regent under the difficulty selector in the Civ3 Editor). I believe this is a known glitch.

The way around this is to tweak the Difficulty settings in the Civ3 Editor, so that the figures for Regent match the difficulty that you want to play on. This applies to both scenarios and to just general maps.

As an additional point, I hate the extra corruption of higher difficulty settings, but like a challenge. So I usually play as Emperor but give the AI the starting units from a higher difficulty setting. This way you can tweak the difficulty to perfection for the human players.