a promotion that gives culture or gold on a kill

reddir

Chieftain
I'd like to make promotions that give culture or gold from a kill.

I see entries in the Civilizations xml for culture from a kill. I see entries in the Social Policies xml for culture from a kill and gold from a kill.

Can anyone tell me how to make a promotion do the same?

Moderator Action: Thread moved, the subforums are for finished files only.

I'd like to make promotions that give culture or gold from a kill.

I see entries in the Civilizations xml for culture from a kill. I see entries in the Social Policies xml for culture from a kill and gold from a kill.

Can anyone tell me how to make a promotion do the same?

The policy bonuses are actually treated as special promotions (which can't be gained any other way) in the file Civ5UnitPromotions.xml. If you look through the code in that file, you'll get an idea of how to write your own code for similar promotions, Good luck!

Some policy effects work as promotions indeed, but it's not true in case of getting yields from kills. It should be possible to create such promotions with DLL access, when it comes out.

isnorden,
That was a cool section of the Promotions but, as PawelS said, I didn't see anything about getting anything from kills.

I had looked at the Table entries given at the top of that xml page and there was nothing given there either.

Oh well, thanks for the suggestion just the same.

Some policy effects work as promotions indeed, but it's not true in case of getting yields from kills. It should be possible to create such promotions with DLL access, when it comes out.

If the code that gives functionality to the table columns in <Civilizations> and <Policies> is in the DLL (and it should be) it will be pretty trivial to change the DLL to allow promotions that give culture and gold. It would just be a matter of changing the <Promotions> table schema and then calling whatever function, no?

If the code that gives functionality to the table columns in <Civilizations> and <Policies> is in the DLL (and it should be) it will be pretty trivial to change the DLL to allow promotions that give culture and gold. It would just be a matter of changing the <Promotions> table schema and then calling whatever function, no?

Yes. (5chars)

Top Bottom