1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A prophecy...of the future!

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by 1889, Jan 22, 2009.

1. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

While cleaning up dog vomit last night I noticed that the yellow and red bits formed an unusual pattern. Upon closer examination I discovered this prophecy...

In the seventh generation of its founding…
    Prophecy will come home.
    Will it make metal flow like water…
    Or forge words hard as iron.

What can it mean.

2. 1889

Well never mind. I don’t really care if you think dog vomit can predict the future or not. He’s a great dog either way. What I’m much more interested in is your views on what we should take as our free tech should we get Oracle.

The complete list for those without access to the game is:
    Sailing, Writing, Horseback Riding, Archery, Masonry, Iron Working, Polytheism, Monotheism, Monarchy, Civil Service, and Metal Casting.

Because of the costs I think Civil Service and Metal Casting are our only real options.

Civil Service allows courthouses, gives us religion and takes us toward better civics.

Metal Casting allows Forges, Triremes (with Sailing), and Colossus.

Aside from the pros and cons of those individual elements my main interest after Oracle is to make contact with the other teams. I am anxious to open up the diplomatic game and to improve the data available to Regoarrarr and myself. So while my mind is not made up I’d lean toward taking Metal Casting as our free tech.

What say you all?

3. Krill

Krill Chieftain

That tech list is wrong; the only techs we can get are:

Sailing, Writing, Archery, HBR, Polytheism, monarchy, masonary, IW and MC.

The only free tech that makes sense is MC for forges and the +2 hapy we can get from teh gems (easy to hook up) and gold (which we can get a hold of easily enough).

4. regoarrarr

regoarrarr Chieftain

While Civil Service would be a great tech to grab with the Oracle :lol: I think you mean Code of Laws ;)

I think I agree with MC

5. Krill

Krill Chieftain

OH, and if we do land the Oracle, don;t worry if you misclick and take archery as the free tech. We can always reload it... ;)

6. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

I think we can get Monarchy - I think it's either preisthood or monotheism.

that said, CoL or MC are the only choices in my head.

I don't see any reason for one or the other in our civ - neither gives us a UU or a UB, nor a cheap building.

I'd go MC - it's more expensive, so a better get, forges are great (for one thing, we can try to get an engineer for later wonder builds), and we will need triremes for barb protection.

We should be able to research CoL ourselves.

7. Krill

Krill Chieftain

actually, yeah, I forgot monarchy :idiot: we can;t get CoL as we don't have writting. So for expensive techs that we can't research easily that we could orracle there are only monarchy and MC. Monarchy would give us +1 happy in every city with an anarchy, whereas MC would give us +1 happy in CK and IS when we get forges in them (which would come around the time there would be about to hit the happy cap anyway), is a more expensive tech, and basically gifts us teh Collosus if we want it. (250/2.25= 112 hammers, which at size 7 takes us 5 turns to accumulate in IS)

8. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

the only choice is MC...every turn you finish a forge sooner in the game is an overall + :hammers: to your empire....if we had any forests left at CK i would say we should chop out the forges...

9. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

CoL, MC, and Monarchy are all good techs, but we have quite a lot of happy resources already, and we don't need Courthouses, so MC is easily the best choice.

10. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

MC is my vote, no doubt about it!

11. 1889

Okay well then Metal Casting will be the free tech. That was pretty easy to settle, but the strategic options after that are getting quite numerous.

I guess our next tech after that should be writing, but then I’d like to Sailing in the queue so we can send out some ships.

Inner Sanctum will want a Forge. Colossus is a cheep build then so I’d suggest we take it. Then I’d like to see a pair of Triremes head out from here.

Copper Kettle I guess will also want a Forge, but we are also overdue for Axmen. How about a Barracks here.

Needs Name isn’t so good for production so I hope we can use this to build settlers. What are our next city sites though?

12. regoarrarr

regoarrarr Chieftain

I'd like Iron Working to get the Gems

13. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Needs name grows grows grows and works cottages it will drive our economy. no slowing down here.

it goes:
    granary
    library
    other economic upgrades.

14. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Best move that conversation to the wargaming thread...

15. 1889

***moved***

16. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

EDIT: Moved to Wargaming Thread