1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

a question about elimination...

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by ThePrankMonkey, Jun 3, 2003.

1. ThePrankMonkey

ThePrankMonkey mowing em' down!

i know if you lose a city poof, you're gone but what if you give a city away? do you still lose? i'd like to think the answer would be no you dont lose but i have a feeling i'd be wrong to think this. i the rule looks black and white, lose a city PERIOD and you lose. or am i wrong???

i know the question is kinda dumb but i'mplaying a game where i'm trying to level things out by giving a couple other civs a city each.

2. sealman

sealman Hater of Babylonians

run a test and see what happens.

don't forget to let us know.

3. pdescobar

pdescobar Moo, baby. Moo.

I'm pretty sure someone recently posted here that they gave away a city in an elim game and then immediately lost. It'd be real easy for you to test though ;)

4. a space oddity

a space oddity Deity GOTM Staff

Wouldn't your last city always be your capital, you know, that one city you can't give away??? :)

5. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator Supporter

The trouble is, space oddity, when you play Elimination, you lose when you lose your first city. ;)

6. a space oddity

a space oddity Deity GOTM Staff

Ah, ok... :o Thanx, every day a little wiser :).
    I haven't got PTW that long (a month), but it sounds like an interesting option that I got to try someday, when I finish reading this forum.. :crazyeye:.

7. kring

kring Asst Cook & Bottle Washer

This also applies to Culture Flips as well. Any civ that loses a city by Culture Flipping is out of the game, including the player.

8. Rhino Ryan

Rhino Ryan Is a Fuganshna Lover

Didn't kniw that :eek:

9. stormbind

stormbind Retenta personam!

Sounds fun! :)

I'm still not going to buy PTW though. I might get the next expansion, but the release of PTW really annoyed me because everything in it should have been in Vanilla.

10. earendil 1

earendil 1 The Halfelven

I would know this answer because I gave away a city myself once in multiplayer elimination and I had some units outside the city ready for recapture. So I was able to trade it away and then the popup that shows you lose came up. I was pissed because I had a good game going and then I did that.

I also tried the culture flipping to make them lose. One time when there was an enemy who had a border right next to mine i tried making culture to flip it. I didnt want to attack because he had a large military. Before I could flip it, he attacked and I lost.

11. John-LP

John-LP Libertarian

Why would you even play elimination then?