1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A question about HQ!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by gamemoth, Jan 11, 2004.

1. gamemoth

gamemoth Chieftain

Is it useful in democracy?

2. Grille

Grille panel insect

You mean Secret Police Headquaters?

In unpatched C3C, it "works" in demo (was not intended, though).
    But: that SPHQ never works in your favour (v1.00), since rank-corruption increases...

3. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

In addition to what Grille said, this means that it has been modified in beta 1.12 and 1.13 (and will remain so in future official patches) to work only in Communism, as it was intended. If you pull a Jeltsin, i.e. switch from commist to some form of democracy, then you lose the corruption reducing effect of the SPHQ.

4. StabbingNirvana

StabbingNirvana because i can ...

how exactly do the forbidden palace and secret police work in this game? i hear the forbidden palace doesnt work as if it were an actual capital city anymore. am i wrong? the city i built my fp in still has corruption (im playing on 1.12 i believe). so i guess it just lowers the corruption that radiates from the capital city. anyone understand?

5. Grille

Grille panel insect

In 1.12 you should build the FP in a low ranked city, so typically somewhat Palace-close.

If you prefer communism, FP or SPHQ placement should not matter.