1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A Question About Random Personalities

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Lemon Merchant, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant The Voice in Your Head Moderator

Hello everyone.

I decided to play a game of Civ last night (after a long break), and I usually play with random personalities. I had Vicky on my continent and I noticed that she was REXing like crazy. I was playing as Gilgamesh and I had 5 cities to her 14.

My question is this:

If you play with random personalities, the AI gets a personality from another leader when you play. Does the AI leader also get the traits from the random leader it gets? I.e. If Vicky had gotten Cathy's personality, would she also get Cathy's traits?

It just seemed like she was REXing way more than she usually does. Maybe she just got a favorable map, but it seemed weird to me.

2. auagxa

auagxa Warlord

Uhh no. Victoria is still IMP/FIN regardless of personality. On the other hand, Victoria with a personality of Catherine seems like nothing changed (from the viewpoint of Catherine) as both of them are IMP, which explains the REX.

3. Olson

Olson Warlord

Obstreperous? Did not know strepere...to make [a] noise.

4. Monster2821

Monster2821 Warlord

:confused: what are you talking about?

5. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

You could mouse-over Vicky in diplo, which would confirm that she is still Imp/Fin.

6. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant The Voice in Your Head Moderator

Thanks for the answers, boys. I never thought of doing the mouse-over. :blush:

7. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

The Settings screen also shows the leader traits.

8. pomthom

pomthom Drive & Reverb

Vicky is an IMP leader but she doesn't have a particular flavor for early expansion.

So actually it makes perfect sense that if she has been incarnated by the soul of a settler spammer, it ended up with lots of baby cities because her new personality is leveraged by her original IMP trait.

If that makes sense.