A question about trade routes and continents

thungrim

Warlord
In my current game the world is split into three continents (henceforth C1, C2, C3). I started off in C1 and eventually got all my cities linked to my capital. Later on, to assist my conquest of C2, I built a coastal city ("Venture") and placed a harbor in it for instant trade route link. I conquered Arabia and Egypt, razing everything but Mecca and Thebes. Over the next 1000 these cities flourished and I decided to link them to my trade network.

I assumed this would be as easy as linking them via road to Venture, since Venture was connected to the trade-net via the harbor. Yet neither Thebes nor Mecca don't have the trade icon beneath their names, nor have I received notice that they are now part of the trade route.

Is my assumption wrong? How is one supposed to get landlocked cities on other continents into the trade network?

Do you have a harbor in a city in C1? So that C1 and C2 are connected through their two harbors?

Yep. Two coastal cities in C1 have harbors.

When I get home tonight I'm going to double check that the road between the inland city (C2) and the coastal city (C2) is actually and uninterrupted city to city line. I had it being constructed by 3 or 4 different workers... so if the mechanic is SUPPOSED to work as I assumed, I suppose I could have mistakenly left a tile. :blush:

Your routes seem like they should work fine. However, make sure that your roads are uninterrupted, as in not going through another civilization's borders. If that is the case, signing an open borders agreement would allow those trade routes to function.

Top Bottom