A Question and a Request about Steam Workshop

YohanLeafheart

Warlord
Hey guys, I've been using the steam workshop to find mods, and it is amazing. I love it so far, but there are a couple of things that I either could not find where it is or it is not there. If this thread gather interest, I will convert it into a FAQ about the Steam Workshop:

First on to the request:

Modders, please tag your mods. For example, if I filter for UI, there is no mod marked from the 120ish now available.

And the question:

Is it possible block a user, so we don't see his mods? One user has now almost 100 micro mods, and I honestly don't want to have to wade through those everytime I want to see what is news.

I would like the ability to filter load order by preference.

I would like modders to NOT tag their mods under every category. Its terrible when you search ONE category and 50 mods that aren't really a part of it show up.

I would like the ability to ignore ALL threads made by user X, and for there to be a way for someone to mute users who post hack links, such as the common free-steam-games hacklink.

If your mod requires another mod to work properly, please combine them. IF the second mod is also good standalone, then release it as a second mod to itself and tag in both mods that mod B is included in mod A.

Lastly, if you are aware that certain mods ARE or ARE NOT compatible, please list this. It is nice to list what files are modified so users will know this.

And i am happy to see so many mods already transferred over to the workshop! good work, and keep it up!

If your mod requires another mod to work properly, please combine them. IF the second mod is also good standalone, then release it as a second mod to itself and tag in both mods that mod B is included in mod A.

The whole point of being able to require a mod for your mod is so people don't have to do annoying merges any more and because it's more efficient. My Star Trek mod, for example, would have taken up much less hard drive space (and would not have had every single user asking me for installation help) had civ4 had this system. If you have four mods that require mod X, why should you need four copies of mod X just so someone who only wants one of those mods can be lazy?

I would like modders to NOT tag their mods under every category. Its terrible when you search ONE category and 50 mods that aren't really a part of it show up.

I should have made it clear that I want modders to TAG APPROPRIATELY. As I said, I go to UI and there are no mods marked as it, which doesn't make sense as there are a couple

As I said, I go to UI and there are no mods marked as it, which doesn't make sense as there are a couple

Because the "UI" tag (and four others) CANNOT be set from ModBuddy, scroll down the list and you will find "Interface" which is the equivalent ModBuddy tag

Because the "UI" tag (and four others) CANNOT be set from ModBuddy, scroll down the list and you will find "Interface" which is the equivalent ModBuddy tag
But it doesn't work: IGE has the "interface" tag and, yet, when you search for mods with the "UI tag in Steam, there is no mod. Those are different tags, the Steam's tags and ModBuddy's tags are not consistent with each other.

But it doesn't work: IGE has the "interface" tag and, yet, when you search for mods with the "UI tag in Steam, there is no mod. Those are different tags, the Steam's tags and ModBuddy's tags are not consistent with each other.

Eh? What?

IGE is the first mod that shows up with the Interface tag

Nothing shows up with the UI tag, but that's the point - the UI tag is not settable from ModBuddy, so unless every modder edits each one of their Interface tagged mods and manually sets the UI tag after upload the UI tag is useless

Eh? What?

IGE is the first mod that shows up with the Interface tag
Well, ok, my bad. :p
I wonder if it always existed...
But setting the interface tag in ModBuddy does not make the mod appear under "UI" tag. I had the impression your previous message implied the contrary, but it was probably just a misunderstanding.

I think it's better to use the "collections" tool in the workshop for this.

Top Bottom