a question of gold

Drsues

Chieftain
I'm currently playing a king level game standard map. After a few DoW I now have three settled cities three puppets and three annexes. I pull in about 30 gpt and sell a lot of excess luxes to all the other civs... But I feel like the AI is making much more. After I trade all my luxes to one it seems he has another 1000 in little time. Not to mention I think they ate out teching me eventhough I have universities and observatories. I'm making 150 science a turn. Basically I want enough gold to enfluence a bunch of CS to get a diplo win or a science victory. Should I sell off cities? Maybe stop my current city growth? I'm already in the process of replacing tiles with trading posts and already have markets in place. Any ideas how to boost gpt further?

I'm currently playing a king level game standard map. After a few DoW I now have three settled cities three puppets and three annexes. I pull in about 30 gpt and sell a lot of excess luxes to all the other civs... But I feel like the AI is making much more. After I trade all my luxes to one it seems he has another 1000 in little time. Not to mention I think they ate out teching me eventhough I have universities and observatories. I'm making 150 science a turn. Basically I want enough gold to enfluence a bunch of CS to get a diplo win or a science victory. Should I sell off cities? Maybe stop my current city growth? I'm already in the process of replacing tiles with trading posts and already have markets in place. Any ideas how to boost gpt further?

Replace farms around puppet cities with trading posts (for more gold, pillage as you take the city). This is pretty standard practice. It also prevents them from eating up your happiness.

Build markets and maybe the NT if your cities have lots of gold tiles around them.

Also remember that on King, the AI gets some advantages that make it easier to generate GPT and faster at research.

There may be dozens of different reasons for not generating enough gold. Too many units, lack of roads, lack of rivers, poor city management, too many unnecessary buildings etc. Based on AI economy sounds like it's pretty late in the game. With 9 cities your own economy should flourish. However, if it's not very late, 30gpt is not that bad. Attaching a save file or at least few screenshots will help to give you more specific advice.

Unfortunately I can't attach saves I'm on my phone. But now I'm making 100 gpt and I'm running alongside Persia in tech. I'm also sitting on four GS to bulb techs for science win. I think I have this one but I'm only in the.industrial era.

Also, every unit costs per turn maintenance, even Great People.
In the industrial era, you'll gain about 10 gpt when you blub all four.

By modern; that's likely to be around 15 gpt for four saved great scientists.

But you don't really need gpt for a science win.

Well I'm worried Arabia is going for diplo. So I was thinking I could buy up all their CS. This is the first king game I have done well at. I finally understand the scouting early mentality. Also freedom settler for iron resource for sword rush.

Well, in that case, don't bulb the GSs. Bulb them only at science vc tech. In case someone build the UN, sell all your puppets maybe even annexed cities for gold. Do it a few turns before election, and buy every cs.

You have captured six enemy cities so it's likely that you have captured a number of Workers. Once you've improved the tiles in the first three rings of hexes around your cities I suggest that you delete all Workers. Mid-to-late game you can build a Worker in one turn if you need to build railroads or improve coal, aluminum, oil, etc., tiles. Workers cost maintenance.

If you're going for cash to bribe CS then you might consider switching your cities' production to Wealth if they aren't building anything critical.

Top Bottom