1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A Question on Restoring Trade

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Galaphile0125, Jul 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Hey guys I was wondering if it was possible to restore the ability to send multiple trade routes to the same city. Is there a file in the CBP I can mess with to get that back? Any help would be appreciated.

2. stii

stii King

I'm not sure what you are asking here. As far as I'm aware trade routes work the same as in the base game. You can send multiple to the same city.

3. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

No, it changed a while ago, but if you send a trade route to a foreign city say from London to New York you then cannot send a new trade route from Liverpool to New York. You are only allowed one external trade route per foreign city. You can still send as many internal trade routes as you want.

vyyt likes this.
  4. stii

stii King

ah ok that might well be right as I was only thinking of internal.

5. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

LOL, I never knew it. I was always making only one food trade route to my capital. Rest in peace to my unborn citizens. Tradition instantly became much more manageable.

6. Legen

Legen King

Definitively possible, as it is the case for Venice. Their UA allows them to send international trade routes to the same city as many times as they have cities under their control. You may check Venice's code for that.

vyyt likes this.
  7. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Hmm, I'll see what I can find there. Thanks.

8. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Hey @Gazebo is it easily possible to lift the targeting restrictions on trade routes?

9. Milae

Milae Warlord

The way it's done in the code is that it checks for the 'IsNoAnnexing' trait to see if a city can have multiple of the same trade routes. So unless you want to give all civs this trait so they can only puppet cities you won't be able to change this.

It's easy to change in the DLL but then you'd have to recompile it to play.

10. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Alright, thanks for the answer.