1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A question to the owners of Babylon DLC

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by PawelS, Sep 28, 2011.

1. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Which XML tag is used with Walls of Babylon to increase the city's ranged attack strength? I can't find any of them that would do it. Or it just increases defense, which affects the ranged attack too? (But in this case the note about increased ranged damage should be added to the descriptions of all defensive buildings.)

2. kris159

kris159 Kris P Bacon

The <defense> parameter on standard walls is 400, whereas on the Babylonian walls is 600. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but that's the only difference I see in XML.

I hope this helps. =)

3. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Thanks. I wanted to create an Arrow Towers building in my mod which would increase the city's ranged attack without increasing defense, but it doesn't seem to be possible. Also it would be nice to make a building that increases the city's range, but I guess we have to wait for the DLL code to be able to do such things.

4. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

I am pretty sure that ranged attack strength on cities is a fixed proportion (40% or 60%, I forget) of their melee strength. You can probably change this globally, but not locally.

I'd love it if buildings could increase city attack range....

5. human machine

human machine Chieftain

I second the desire for a way to increase city attack range.
    I wanted it to start at 1 and require a building to go to two
    guess we'll have to wait till the devs are doing making DLC and maybe we'll finally get the dll