A Russian Site With Some Great & Unique Civ3 Content

Ozymandias

In Terra Fantasia
Supporter
Moderator Action: This thread was temporarily unapproved while the linked site was under review by staff. There was some concern over possible malware either via the site or through downloads. Additionally, the site also provided cracked/pirated copies of software.

As for the former issue, there doesn't appear to be any threat from the site itself, and most of the download links themselves are dead. There are a few active ones left, but don't appear to contain anything concerning. As for the latter issue, all of the links for pirated software appear to be defunct and no longer active.

After some discussion amongst the moderators, it was decided to approve this thread as there appears to be some interesting unique content on that site. Keep in mind any downloads from third-party sites are at your own risk. Also, even though the pirated software links are dead, we want to reiterate that CFC does not condone piracy in any form - "We have zero tolerance for piracy. This includes posting pirated material, linking to pirated material, telling people how to avoid copy-protection etc, or even advocating piracy. We also consider "abandonware" to be piracy, as it has no official legal recognition. Please do not link to abandonware sites."

would like to have the adress of the blog in its Russian version . The translation really works but the download links do not come out in full . Might be a problem down here , ı don't know . For those who haven't been there ı have counted 4 or 5 mods ı don't have . Which might not work but the units should be useful stocked somewhere .

isn't there a bar at the translation thing where you can copy past (which ı imagine it to be) something like civ-blog.ru ..? Which ı will search on Monday in the webcafe as a google thing in anycase .

thanks once again , will check that .

Guess I should try a Liberation scenario, seems to be something like "1989" with a military coup in the Soviet Union. Just read this phrase aloud:
"At the end of 1989, a group of sensible officers of the Soviet General Staff, tired of the bacchanalia of the reformers, made changes in the country's leadership and stopped the Sabbat "

am not sure for all of them , but there is an "Evolution" scenario of 900 odd megabytes and it is extracted into a single Data.exe thing . Can that be trusted to be safe ?

am not sure for all of them , but there is an "Evolution" scenario of 900 odd megabytes and it is extracted into a single Data.exe thing . Can that be trusted to be safe ?

I have d/l scanners using both Kaspersky & Malwarebytes (even though they supposedly "conflict" with one another) - but I would definitely perform an extensive scan beforehand. There's a free online scanner HERE.

thanks for both information and (especially) the scanner thing , might use it at the webcafe .

Some Civ mods packaged themselves up into installers, thinking that would make things easier. Rhye's of Civilization (RoC) was one that did that. It may have made sense in 2003, but now it looks suspicious as a practice, and may or may not work on modern systems.

Usually though, you can open them as archives and extract the contents with 7-Zip (of course I'd recommend scanning before opening with 7-Zip). That's what I had to do to install RoC on my system, as its installer program doesn't work on Windows 8.1.

The actual site URL is https://civ-blog.ru/civilization-3/ . They do have some potentially interesting mods that I haven't seen on English-language Civ sites. If I were still studying Russian, that would be a great opportunity to increase the number of Russian words I encountered.

thanks for the idea ; especially for making me remember that ı had once somehow tried winrar and it had worked with such an installer .

Yeah it's a shame that so many of the links are now dead. I was interested in seeing the clever things or rare art people put into their scenarios. Several I've never heard of. Wonder what other Civ 3 gems are out there, floating in cyberspace.

Yeah it's a shame that so many of the links are now dead. I was interested in seeing the clever things or rare art people put into their scenarios. Several I've never heard of. Wonder what other Civ 3 gems are out there, floating in cyberspace.

Check HERE :)

Top Bottom