Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Keep it and take care of it

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Keep it for other reasons...

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

Mr. Dictator

A Chain-Smoking Fox
So here's the world I'm throwing you in. In this world, voodoo dolls are real. Nevermind asking how, just assume they do. You have been given a doll with the personal belonging of a complete stranger. Even the stranger who gave it to you doesn't know who it is working on. What would you do with this doll? If you throw it away, it dies. If you leave it somewhere, it is subjected to the weather, and let's say rain causes psychological stress on the person it affects. Also, leaving it would put whoever picks it up in a situation of not knowing its worth. Would you keep it and take care of it? Give it to someone else? Or, would you do far more mischievous things :mischief:

How do you take care of a voodoo doll? :huh:

I honestly don't understand this hypothetical at all. To be fair, I didn't try that hard.

No reason to mess with a complete stranger. I'd just toss it in an old toolbox or something and forget about it.

Voodoo is only supposed to work if the victim believes in it, right? So if the person the doll represents isn't a believer, there's no harm in just getting rid of it somehow. I'd put it in a PAL box and send it on its way through the Freecycle community. With Halloween coming up, somebody would probably use it as a party decoration.

I honestly don't understand this hypothetical at all. To be fair, I didn't try that hard.

This. I don't really understand what characteristic or philosophy this hypothetical is supposed to illustrate.

This. I don't really understand what characteristic or philosophy this hypothetical is supposed to illustrate.

There's nothing i'm really trying to gather except what CFC would do in the situation.

Strange question. I think what the OP is trying to ask is if you care about a stranger's well being enough to take care of them.

I thought of a more perverted response. Jerk the doll off multiple times a day. Yes I am a strange, perverted person. Lack of sex has cause this.

Anyways I believe the OP is asking to what lengths we would go to prevent harm upon a stranger. At least that's my take on it.

If you leave it somewhere you are putting that person's fate in a precarious position. Someone else who is sadistic could get a hold of it.

I would take care of it. I'd put it on top of a bookshelf where no harm could come to it. That way it's not too much work on my part.

I actually care for my fellow man (and woman)

Whisper into the dolls ears so the person thinks they are hearing the voice of god. Then proclaim the flying spagetti monster as the one true god.

I would produce a movie about the doll and my quest to find who it controls. I would make lots of money from this.

Then I would blackmail the guy who it controls. I would make lots of money from this.

Encase it in cement.

If it's a woman I would do things to it. If it's a man I would put ants inside it and let the guy feel like things are crawling on his insides all the time.

Top Bottom