A score victory?

Often the biggest challenge to managing a score victory is avoiding winning the game by some other means (usually culture), while still making sure you have the highest score. Culture is particularly problematic, since it can sneak up on you. (You obviously have more control voer space and domination, since those require affirmative action on your part.)

Often the biggest challenge to managing a score victory is avoiding winning the game by some other means (usually culture), while still making sure you have the highest score. Culture is particularly problematic, since it can sneak up on you. (You obviously have more control voer space and domination, since those require affirmative action on your part.)

Indeed, culture is quite the problem. I'm on my third game in a row where I've tried to go for a science victory, and I've won accidentally by culture..
I hadn't focused on culture, and had only built theater districts in a few cities where I had nothing else worthwhile to put there.
Won with culture the same turn as my spaceport finished, very annoying. It seems that you have to really go for space industries early.

As for score- the breakdown in F1 shows where your points are coming from. Just try and keep them improving. Have a religion, build wonders, build more cities, build an army, have a strong economy.
Basically, just be good at generally everything. Wonders are probably one of the easiest and biggest gains to score, at least in my experiences so far.

The only concern with wonders is that they all generate tourism for a cultural victory. Also they don't give nearly as many points as they did in CiV

Top Bottom