1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

A series of great comebacks

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Hamilton321, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Hamilton321

Hamilton321 Chieftain

So as I was going to start my first game on emperor I thought about my monarch games and realized how much loading from saves and autosaves I did. I thought that I should not do this so much so I played three games in which I limited my going back to older saves. In these games I made some very bad diplo/overall strategy mistakes whilst I was in the first three eras. I would have corrected them by reloading, but rather than doing that I continued to play, and I was able to, through very careful management of my own economy and diplomacy I was able to pull off extremely narrow victories in all three. The first was as Elizabeth(space race), the second as Isabella(space race), and the last as Victoria(domination).