A short question about Legalism?

Confirmed. Just fired up the GOTM TSG 43 game with the Huns. Popped a ruin to get a battering ram and then puppeted Mombasa (cheesy, yes, but I just wanted a puppet to test this).

Rolled forward a few turns to take Legalism ==> free monument in puppeted Mombasa.

This is interesting because I've never capped an opponent city before the policy. It sounds kinda bad because you'd be stuck with a capitol that won't grow for anything for several turns... kinda backwards for a tradition opener wherein you depend on a very strong capitol. Good catch, though.

I was confused. I thought our conclusions contradicted each other but now I understand so here's the mechanic: If you first adopt Legalism, then capture a city, it will not get free building. But if you first capture, then adopt Legalism, the free cultural building will be present in the captured city.
Exactly.

This is interesting because I've never capped an opponent city before the policy. It sounds kinda bad because you'd be stuck with a capitol that won't grow for anything for several turns... kinda backwards for a tradition opener wherein you depend on a very strong capitol. Good catch, though.
Yeah, that mostly relates to free aqueducts and not monuments.

Top Bottom