1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A simple question about religion.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by FoolFromHell, Oct 28, 2007.

1. FoolFromHell

FoolFromHell Chieftain

I founded Hinduism and Confucianisms and I started using my missionaries to spread the religion. Every foreign city I spread to, I can see them through the fog of war. I do have BtS, but this was existent on Warlords too. Anyone have an explanation? Is it a bug or is it supposed to happen?

2. wkndwrrr

wkndwrrr Warlord

It's a feature of the game. If you control the holy city of a religion, and you convert to that religion, you can see through the fog of war to every single city on the planet which also contains that religion. Also, if you contruct that religion's special shrine (i.e. the Ka'aba, the Church of the Nativity, the Kong Miao) you get a few additional gold bars per turn from every city in the world which has followers of that religion.

3. FoolFromHell

FoolFromHell Chieftain

But De Gaulle's Hindu/Confucianism cities arent visible to me while Zaya Yaqob's cities are visible. Both have most cities with Hindu/ Confucianism

4. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

wkndwrrr> wrong; that feature disappeared in BTS.

However, espionnage can do this too. And if a city has your state religion (or a religion of one of your holy city perhaps, note sure), the amount of espionnage points required to see it id lessened.

5. wkndwrrr

wkndwrrr Warlord

@JJL:

Then why is he able to see other people's cities that have his religon, then? I'd think he'd realize if his spies were the ones doing the observing if they actually were, as you can obviously see your own spies. Anyway, why would/did they remove that feature, anyway? It seemed fine to me.

@ FFH:

Which is your state religion, Confucianism or Hinduism? It could be that the reason you can see Zara's cities is because all happen to have your state religion in addition to your non-state religion, and the reason you can't see De Gaulle's cities is because they all have one of the religions, but not the one that is your state religion. Are you sure you can see NONE of de Gaulle's cities?

6. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

Why? Because of the new spying system. I do not say that he has spies in the cities he can see. I say that he has enough espionnage points against this particular opponent, which allows him to see some of the cities of this opponent. This is a new feature from BTS called passive espionnage. Add to it that, as I said, the amount of EP required to see a city is lessened if it has your state religion (or a religion for which you have the holy city or the shrine, not sure of that) is lessened and everything makes sense.

FoolFromHell > To check that, go into the espionnage screen, check the number of EP you have against the correct opponent and, for each city of this opponent, how much EP are required to see it. It should answer your question.

7. FoolFromHell

FoolFromHell Chieftain

State religion is Hinduism, and after a few more turns, (like 15), I can see De Gaulle's and Mao Zedong's too. But Mao doesnt have Hinduism or Confucianism as his religion or in any of his cities.

8. wkndwrrr

wkndwrrr Warlord

Oh? I had not heard of this new feature (I don't have BTS). Fine then, I suppose that makes the most sense.

9. Silence101

Silence101 King

Jujulautre is correct - he seems very educated in the ways of Civ.

10. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

As I said, check into the espionnage screen :)

@Silence01 > I just keep myself informed ;)