1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A simple

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by gcampono, Nov 19, 2018.

1. gcampono

gcampono Chieftain

Multiplayer in CIV VI is cool but it has some serious problems.

One issue which is really unfair and SIMPLE TO FIX is that the faster players (skill, but also faster PC and connection) can chain many attacks where the other player cannot react (I've experienced that as both attacker and victim). To fix this issue there is a simple fix: introduce a ATTACK/MOVE TIMER of 1-2 seconds for every player between his attack/move orders so that the other players can react (maybe activate it only for players in war... it would hardly be noticeable but much more fair).

I really hope you can pick up on this.

And then if developers would really care to enhance the multiplayer experience, there are some serious problems such as balance problems (this would be addressable and there are mods that do that quite ok), the fact that you know not if a player is good or noob (some leaderboard/ladder point system would be useful) and excessive people quitting games (unaddressable apart from rebalancing pace for multiplayer so that games are a little quicker).

2. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

You know that no one can react to anything in single player rules, right?

3. gcampono

gcampono Chieftain

Yes, I'm aware there is this possibility, I think it is called Dynamic Moves (simultaneous turns during peace but normal turns during war), but this lenghtens the game A LOT (and I mean double, triple or even more time) so it is not really a good solution. Implementing a per-player timer between attacks would be much better, barely noticeable and I think it would really be simple (probably no more than 10 lines of code if one wants to add conditions).