A small money trick

deadlyconqueror

Chieftain
Hello People. This is my first civ game and I love it. It was very difficult at first but with some trial-and-error I think I got the hang of this. First, is a easy money trick. You guys have probably herd this one but here it is again. When at war with an other civ they will usually ask you to sign a peace treaty. Go to a counter purposal and then ask them for some "money." They will always accept your offer when dealing with money so why not stretch it out abit. Choose money per turn and fill the box up with 9's. Like so. (99999999). Now, they will ask for another peace treaty later but do not accept if you want to keep all the money coming in per turn. All you have to do is conquer them and you will still be able to get all this money per turn. In other words you will never have a money problem again. Pretty cool huh!!! I know this works because I just conquered Russia and I still have the money coming in. Hope this helped.

What patch are you using? Cause I am pretty sure that it doesnt work for the 1.29 patch.

I'm not using any patch. Just try it i'm sure it will work. It's not that hard. Just being a little selfish and greedy that's all.

Yes, this was an exploit that works in the game with no patch. Patches get rid of some of these exploits. This one was gotten rid of in the very first patch. You should download and install the latest patch.

Yea, this was fixed in the v1.17f patch. Now the AI just laughs at you if you ask for that kind of money.

For a list of cheats, go to CFC's main page, under civ3 there is a link for cheats.

Thats what I thought :goodjob: (again) Bamspeedy!

Your so right MTheil, especially when you have the weaker army :(

They fix bugs and you have fewer crashes with your game. Corruption is better in the game. Some other exploits were taken care of. It's a more balanced and enjoyable game.

I didn't have any things from patches that made the game worse (caused more crashes), the patches would cause fewer crashes.

The patch don't take affect until you next game. So you can download the patch now, install it, and still play your current game.

In the same area, (main page, patch link) it tells you what each patch does.

I'm not having any problems with the game, so i think. It don't crash but is there anything else i need to look for.

also any tips for civ3

In the upper right portion of your screen there is a red button that says 'user cp', press that.

Then there is a tab that is white that says 'user options', press that.

At the bottom of the screen, that is a option about avatars, follow the directions.

On the top right of this screen, there is a cluster of six rectangular buttons, it is there.

It is with calendar, registar, search, f.a.q.

* look to the right of the CFC's logo. *

Well, deadlyconqueror, you are free to use the outdated version of the game if you prefer, it is your choice. But for reading some of the newer strategy articles and tips, you'll need the latest patch to understand and utilize them most efficiently. Also, participating in GOTM or any other tournament/Hall of Fame submission will make your games invalid if you are still using 1.07f and not 1.29f.

In 1.07f, poprushing gives you 40 shields per citizen instead of 20. Tech pace of the AI is incredibly lopsided based on difficulty level (deity AI can launch spaceships before 1000 AD, while chieftain won't launch a spaceship until 2500 AD), with the latest patch, this is a little more evened out. The Great Lighthouse lets you freely sail the oceans (it's supposed to only allow safe sea travel, not oceans). You can poprush for infinity with no real happiness problems. You can trade cities (really easy exploit here if you leave several units outside the city you give away). And many other bugs/exploits. You could sell techs to the AI and bankrupt them so bad they have to sell all their infrastructure (making for a very easy game). And of course in 1.07f there is the notorious 'settler diarrhea' problem. Commercial trait is more useful in the latest patches. With 1.07, the game always crashed for me whenever I moved a galley near one of the poles.

Top Bottom