A small note about rivers and lumbermills

Akinaba

Warlord
Not sure where to write it, but I decided the balance part of the forum most appropriate. I’m not a regular visitor of the forum, yet a regular CiV player, huge fan and a mod user as most of all here. So excuse me if the suggested tweak is too small, insignificant or not appropriate at all in before, but I think it worthwhile.

This thought was circling in my head for quiet a long time. I was even going to do a mod but decided to share it with you before, ‘cuse I think it’s more appropriate to a bunch of changes that community patch provide, than to anything else.

TL;DR:
it’s as simple as it sounds. Since rivers were historically “natural railroads” and there are a lot of historical examples people commonly usee rivers to regulary deliver large amounts of wood on long distances with the riverstream I believe that rivers should grant a +1 production to the lumbermills built on the riverside straight ahead or after discovering Sailing.

What do you guys think about that?

Nevermind. Doublepost.

I like the change, but your argument is pointing more to giving them +1 trade. However, you could always argue that, them being by the river grants them access to easy energy via a waterwheel - voila: +1 production. ;)

I like either of those options.

I believe after sailing is discovered, cities should be automatically connected via rivers (historically accurate) and Songhai - to balance them - should get extra gold/science/culture/whatever for river connections.

Top Bottom