1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A small note about rivers and lumbermills

Discussion in 'General Balance' started by Akinaba, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Akinaba

Akinaba Warlord

Not sure where to write it, but I decided the balance part of the forum most appropriate. I’m not a regular visitor of the forum, yet a regular CiV player, huge fan and a mod user as most of all here. So excuse me if the suggested tweak is too small, insignificant or not appropriate at all in before, but I think it worthwhile.

This thought was circling in my head for quiet a long time. I was even going to do a mod but decided to share it with you before, ‘cuse I think it’s more appropriate to a bunch of changes that community patch provide, than to anything else.

TL;DR:
    it’s as simple as it sounds. Since rivers were historically “natural railroads” and there are a lot of historical examples people commonly usee rivers to regulary deliver large amounts of wood on long distances with the riverstream I believe that rivers should grant a +1 production to the lumbermills built on the riverside straight ahead or after discovering Sailing.

What do you guys think about that?

2. Akinaba

Akinaba Warlord

Nevermind. Doublepost.

3. The Fool King

The Fool King Chieftain

I like the change, but your argument is pointing more to giving them +1 trade. However, you could always argue that, them being by the river grants them access to easy energy via a waterwheel - voila: +1 production. ;)

I like either of those options.

4. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

Too much incentive to settle river tile cities. Maybe it can be added to a modmod.

5. infidel88

infidel88 Prince

I believe after sailing is discovered, cities should be automatically connected via rivers (historically accurate) and Songhai - to balance them - should get extra gold/science/culture/whatever for river connections.

Takagi Hiro, ElliotS and Akinaba like this.