a small tip to stay in rival territory

ybbor

Will not change his avata
i'm discovering aninteresting tactic, and while i have not exactly gone from one end of a border to the other, i think i found a trick. let's say you want to see french territory. at the same time let's say france shares a border with the inca. in stead of going 2 or 3 squares into thier territory and bieng kicked out, alternate between inca and french teritory, so if letters are incan territory, and #'s are french territory it would look something like this:

a b c d e f g h i j k
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

you would travel a-->2-->c-->4-->e-->6, etc, works especially well when there are mountins on the border

Or u just go abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

I thought of this before. But they start asking u to leave or declare war. And then u move onto a tile with no cultural border or your own.

I found out that you can go though the A.I territory with ROP, if you have a large army they can say nothing trust me...they would be foolish to demand that you leave their territory.

if you alternate between EVERY turn, you will not be kicked out. But you have ensure two things

1) No stacks allowed since a stack gets kick out in one turn.
2) Do it with only one unit. Using multiple unit easily confuse yourself that you have (different) units in a particular AI's border on consecutive turns. And that will kick you out as well.

This is useful only if you are late exploring and needs to get just one or two unit to the other side.

This is what explorers are for. They have a lot of movement points can you can use a mixture of entry either directly into enemy teritory or through another civ to take a peek. In fact, I use them more for scouting out my enemy and watching the AI fighting each other more than actually exploring. They are my eyes and ears.

Most of the time, their 5 movement is enough with a direct entry. And as has been noted, you can also sign an ROP with a friendly civ bordering your target and reach other points through there.

Interesting observation though.

If you stay off their roads and irrigations/mines, you are less likely to be demanded to leave. I've used this upon occasion, along with the zig-zag method described above. (If their attitude is poor towards you, I don't think either method will work.)

Top Bottom