A Spain Game

Btw Amsterdam is extra Dutch: 101% And after this game Leoreth will nerf espionage.

Also why first UHV goal is named ultra plus? I dont know Spanish but it sounds like a inside joke.

And after this game Leoreth will nerf espionage.

No he'll nerf it after the Congo game. :lol:

But seriously, there was a Paragon Polynesia Space Victory posted a while ago(in Baidu Tieba). Cheesy, but still a victory. Imagine the abuse of :espionage: there.

We proceed to take Kyouto. Kyouto and Edo are two very food rich cities.

The city of Kyouto is kept intact. An amazing city.

English New York is lost to the barbarians.

Certainly we are the most powerful civilization of the world. I guess the 2nd place goes to Mughals?

Keep the persecution going while we build up new Catholic cities.

By discovering Steel, we have entered the Industrial era.

Spreading Catholicism to Atenas.

A whole bunch of new resources have appeared after the 1600 AD mark.

We have captured Konstantinoupolis.

And also Edo.

An overview of our cities.

Obviously the expansion stability hasn't been updated yet. I'm a bit confused.

41% of the world population are already Catholic. We're pretty safe now, because our Catholic cities are only going to grow larger, and we have many of them.

Santiago finishes the Trafalgar Square.

Our votes dictates the Apostolic Palace Election. :lol: It's been 50-50 the third time already, and we have been Pope for a hundred turns.

Sapporo is razed.

Catholicism spreads to Edo.

A famine happens in Poland, but our help means nothing to them as you'll see later.

Great engineer Juan de Herrera is born in Santiago.

I was trying to raze independent Magdeburg(it's already starved down to 1 pop), but it seems our previous spread culture missions to the city have made razing impossible! It's going to be a problem at the end of the game.

The Olympic Park will start another golden age for us.

So we hurry it with the GE in Roma. Meanwhile the 1600 AD plauge has begun.

Our Pacific troops are looking for new targets after Japan. They are by no means peaceful.

We are the first to discover Economics.

Roma is truly a great city to have.

Obviously there's something wrong with the coding, and I can't read the name. I think it's Christopher Columbus?

We're actually settling Brazil. :p I have a hunger for more TC resources, which is actually unnecessary considering we don't have many TC cities. Belem is founded.

We also found Pernambuco.

Poor Thailand is our next target. It's impossible for them to hold off our attack.

We have just made a massive resource trade deal with the Mughals.

Again we are overdoing it. The TC yields is already capped at +3:food: +9:gold:.

The conquistadors keep our North American cities safe.

Even with plague, Cordoba still has surplus :health:, amazing. It's partly because of the city size. :p

Ayutthaya falls to the Spanish hands and Thailand is no more. All these civilizations that we have conquered won't respawn before 1700 AD so no worries.

Our research rate is really good, I love Regent. :)

The actual benefit(for the 3rd historical goal) of persecuting these small cities is only marginal.

We raze the city of Saigon.

A trade mission to Mekke provides us with 2000:gold:.

We are spreading Catholicism to each and everyone of our cities. If multiple religious persecutor were possible I'd have persecuted all our cities as well. :devil:

The game is near its end, we're not going to build the powerful levees. The investment won't pay.

Turkish Wahran, huh?

We get Rifling relatively late, because we have no urgent wars to fight.

What should I do with the Great Generals? War is no longer our focus.

We switch to Republic+Representation+Capitalism+Free Market+Secularism+Standing Army. It's going to take an astonishing 4 turns to finish the revolution.

Polish Budapest has seceded and we take it.

It's interesting that with Secularism, you don't need Islam to build the Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque, only Orthodoxy.

The Congress of Konya shows being the most powerful civilization doesn't mean you can just get anything you want without consequences.

Poland asks for the city of Budapest and geez, boy we don't have many friends do we? I haven't been focusing on producing military units so I choose not to fight against literally everyone.

And Poland takes Budapest back. Not a glory thing for the Spanish people.

Again I can't read the name, this time it's an GA.

Did you expect this? Because we control the city of Magdeburg, the Prussian flip happens 2 turns earlier. The war is not a problem, because if we win, we'll win next turn. The real problem is, they are Protestant and they have cities in Europe! It's impossible to win now! Unless... we make use of :espionage:.

But first let's start another golden age with help from the GS from discovering Physics. :coffee:

Remember our second great spy? We'll have him infiltrate a Prussian city. Of course our spies have already been waiting there. There were 3 of them but the other 2 flipped.

We use espionage to convert Germany to Secularism. Problem solved! But really, the problem was caused by espionage to begin with. :lol: So next time you play a Spain game, remember to keep no cities next to the Berlin tile to avoid this problem.

All historical goals accomplished! I believe our cities contribute to 40% of Catholic world population alone.

An overview of our cities. The Spanish Republic is a gigantic one.

And our stability is amazing.

After 1700 AD everything is going to be ruined. :p But we have already won the historical victory for Spain!

With a new laptop I may be able to finish games faster. :D I hope the 11 hours of playing and more hours spent on posting have amused you. If you have any questions about the game you can ask me here.

Great game, again with a surprising move - conquering of Japan :eek:

Is the researching strategy like you practice - 0% research to accumulate gold, then 100% research /or spying/ more effective than let's say having research at 60-70% for the whole time and gold +/- ?

Is the researching strategy like you practice - 0% research to accumulate gold, then 100% research /or spying/ more effective than let's say having research at 60-70% for the whole time and gold +/- ?

No I didn't really do that. I just tried to make sure I have some spare gold for emergencies, when I'm not rushing for a critical technology. And I don't think it makes much of a difference, when you've already chosen a tech path. Otherwise it allows more flexiblity if you accumulate gold and then run 100% research.

A related topic if choosing between science buildings(e.g. libraries) and wealth buildings(e.g. markets). Another one is about inflation/maintenance: choosing between cutting down costs vs. increasing yields. These are two very interesting topics but I'm not an expert on them so I won't say anyting now.

How about next you will do Catholic URV in same game?

Maaayyybe.

Top Bottom