1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

A start I messed up badly.

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by Etheric, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Etheric

Etheric Chieftain

Anyone want to have a crack at this one?

Rosavelt, Americans, Emperor. I totally messed this one up, so I am curious how someone else would handle it.

There seems to be a trend where I look at the BFC and go wow, then go UGH at the surrounding land.

I will have another crack at it I think, I need to learn from my mistakes.

I am trying to get to grips with a SE, maybe I should go down a level first. I guess I have been relying on financial too much.

Attached Files:

2. Etheric

Etheric Chieftain

Oops Posted in wrong forum, is Civ 4 not rev

3. Etheric

Etheric Chieftain

Ok some map spoilers, and some suggestions of what I did wrong (assuming some kind mod can move this to the Civ 4 part, and maybe I can stop feeling like I am talking to myself :D).
    Spoiler :

The map is a continents, and a mostly isolated start. There is one Civ to the NE, who is HC and from reading his traits does not REX at all. So the slow expansion strategy of an isolated start should have been applied. Indeed he had 5 cities at 1AD, when I stopped.

I made a huge mistake in trying to block him off as there was no need whatsoever, which crashed my economy and I never recovered really. I would post one of my laters saves, but it is too embarrasing for words, about the worst game I have played in ages.

So costal cities, hopefully using Ind to make collosus and great lighthouse to keep the economy ticking over and colonize the island. Keep HC's religion and it should be all peace and light on our little island until I kick his head in. The Great Wall would be handy too as I had barb problems as well. No stone though, which might make life a bit more tricky.

4. Val32xanthi

Val32xanthi Chieftain