[BTS] A suggested "fix" for Caveman to Cosmos, which I love btw

evmcmunn

Chieftain
Thanks everyone who put in tons of work to make this great civ 4 overhaul, I also learn alot from doing small customizations when new versions come out but on the whole it is a continuing masterpiece that only seems to get better. I would say something that keeps getting ignored that I can't seem to find an answer to is that transports dont increase capacity in size matters as newer tech versions come out (galley to cog to galleon to transport) and I think the base carry capacity should increase as it did in vanilla, also, the level up for transports doesnt do anything in size matters either unless maybe you want to change transport type but...bleh. I also think the wildlife preserve should be dealt with in some manner to make it not super poop but that honestly isnt necessary for a number of reasons, I just cant seem to figure out the transport thing so I need some help, thanks and keep making Civ Great Again!

Moderator Action: Moved to C2C forum. Best of luck. -lymond

Last edited by a moderator:
If transports aren't increasing capacity in size matters, something is bugged, which wouldn't be terribly surprising. That or you're promoting them in a way that's having a counter-intuitive impact on your overall capacity but changing WHAT you can load. That has proven confusing for many and may well be improved a lot after a planned overhaul. Something to help explain - if you take a ship that can carry troops and you give it the promo that gives it the ability to carry more 'people' then you are telling it to operate now on the people scale and now it's carrying 1/100th of what it could in troops but can instead carry special people type units (and more than normal of them).

Quality upgrades would NOT improve carrying capacity, but merging would multiply it by 3. You should be able to use the ... I think it's alt but it could be shift or ctrl ... to see on any unit tooltip the carrying capacity of the unit and the carrying volume (how much the unit takes up) on any unit that can be carried.

do you mean like 3 transports merged would allow 3 merged tanks? because that was not what I was talking about at all. In vanilla the galley can carry 1 unit and the transport carries 4(i think) 2 upgrades bring that to 6(if that is even in there, I havent played vanilla in who knows how long) so that would translate to 3 merged transports carrying 9 merged tanks, a far more efficient use of transports and less time consuming for me to build.

do you mean like 3 transports merged would allow 3 merged tanks? because that was not what I was talking about at all. In vanilla the galley can carry 1 unit and the transport carries 4(i think) 2 upgrades bring that to 6(if that is even in there, I havent played vanilla in who knows how long) so that would translate to 3 merged transports carrying 9 merged tanks, a far more efficient use of transports and less time consuming for me to build.
In SM, not all units start off as 'the value of one unit' such as it would without SM. Units with both larger individual components but no smaller volume OF those components, for example, would start off as counting as more than 1 unit if compared to the original. So if a mounted unit was of a lower quality but higher volume, its size and volume would make it larger than the standard unit volume of simply 1 unit in the original game. These kinds of variations account for some non-parallel experiences.

Top Bottom