A teeny weeny complaint about the takeover ads.

Turner

Deity
Retired Moderator
Okay, I'm not saying take them away, I'm not complaining on how, when, why, and how often they hit.

No, mine is more a little nuisance, and a small request for change.

Bear with me.

When I first start browsing CFC, I generally go to my UserCP, and navigate from there. Clicking on the 'read new posts' button, I navigate to all new posts that way. I start at the beginning of a thread or top of the page probably less than 5% of the time.

Now, when a takeover ad gets me, and I've requested the first new post, I always get the top of the page, or start of the thread. It seems that the 'new post' instruction in the link doesn't pass through. So now I have to scroll down to the new post, or if I remember hit the 'first unread post' button at the top of the page. Is there any way to make sure that the cmd to go to the first new/unread post passes through? Yes, it is a small inconvenience. Yes, I am a lazy b*&^*%&. I don't object to the ads. No, I'm more than willing to deal with them, as opposed to forking over five bucks a month to browse here. It just would be nice if the post I was trying to go to would pass through the add.

TIA

Top Bottom