A Thousand & One Things We’ve Learned From Sid Meier’s Civilization IV

BammBamm

President of Bammsylvania
1. Al-U-Minium is the most abundant metal found in Earth’s crust.
Please add your findings in consecutive order, eg.:
2. Spain’s Isabella probably shags like a minx.
;)

3. Communism provides a viable civic.

4. During any war, countries will suddenly become theocratic societies because that allows them to produce better soldiers.

5. Jails and Mt. Rushmore can make people feel less upset about wars. Americans would've felt totally happy about Iraq war if they were place under a Police State civic as well.

6. One fishing stock can satisfy an entire empire no matter how large.

7. Catapults and cannons are used for suicidal attacks in warfare.

8. Airplanes and bombers cannot kill anyone.

9. Every single nation in the world can build nukes after the Manhattan Project is completed.

10. A single archer can raze a modern size 30 city like NYC in one turn.

11. A city with lots of culture is naturally far more defensible.

12. The Kremlin in Russia is not something to be taken seriously about because the Chinese already invented fiber optics.

13. The leading nations in the world put at least 70% of their earnings into research.

14. The British were to dumb to think of using Airships to detect U-boats

15. The Polish actually could've stood a chance by zerg-rushing German tanks with their cavalries.

16. World War 1 ended in 8 turns and World War II ended in 12 turns.

17. Hitler was desperately waiting for the wounded soldier event after Stalingrad.

18. The Great Wall of China actually can keep out barbarians.

19. Chopping down a bunch of trees speeds up the production of soldiers.

20. Cities have to choose between producing soldiers and producing buildings. Nothing in between.

21. Googling “ywhtptgtfo” provides about 1,600 results, but only the last four words of his/her moniker are decipherable and, given that this is a family-friendly forum, this poster’s lips shall remain defiantly sealed as to its exact meaning.
:goodjob:

22. Against all odds, even the lowly Warrior, using only his trusty oaken club, a little elbow grease, and a little luck, can plunge his large wood into the business end of a T-34 main battle tank, effectively causing it to asplode like the overinflated head of a typical America-hating Liberal, following the results of the mid-term General Election of November 2, 2010.

23. Beware of Celts bearing gifts: Once upon a time, I offered Boudica banana, and all I got from her was a severe case of crabs.

:lol:

You do know you can put more than one in each post right?

21. Googling “ywhtptgtfo” provides about 1,600 results, but only the last four words of his/her moniker are decipherable and, given that this is a family-friendly forum, this poster’s lips shall remain defiantly sealed as to its exact meaning.
:goodjob:

There's actually no profanity involved in my alias.

However, the fact that it is so relatively unique does allow people to trace the history of my web-surfing and much of it has to do with gaming. :blush:

There's actually no profanity involved in my alias.

However, the fact that it is so relatively unique does allow people to trace the history of my web-surfing and much of it has to do with gaming. :blush:

If this is, in fact, the case, then I stand before you, corrected, my good man. Please forgive me...

;)

26. You can use slavery to build a courthouse faster or anything for that matter
27. Using the Free Market actually increases the amount of money you get from trade.

29. It can take hundreds of years for a settler to get to a destenation, but it takes a second to build the city.

Top Bottom