A Twist on RoP Rape

redstoner

Warlord
I will admit, I love to abuse a RoP when it best suits my interests. I recently used a different tactic for a RoP to severely weaken a hated enemy.

I had two Civs (one on either side of me) who were at war. One had been an enemy in the past (Mongols), but over time I managed to repair my rep with them. Anyway, I signed a RoP with them to allow their troops to move through my territoy to fight the other side (England, who I also had RoP) When their army was deep in my territory I attacked and destroyed most of their units. I then signed an alliance with the English and together we destroyed the Mongols.

Anyone else ever used this version of RoP Rape?

Originally posted by redstoner
I will admit, I love to abuse a RoP when it best suits my interests. I recently used a different tactic for a RoP to severely weaken a hated enemy.

I had two Civs (one on either side of me) who were at war. One had been an enemy in the past (Mongols), but over time I managed to repair my rep with them. Anyway, I signed a RoP with them to allow their troops to move through my territoy to fight the other side (England, who I also had RoP) When their army was deep in my territory I attacked and destroyed most of their units. I then signed an alliance with the English and together we destroyed the Mongols.

Anyone else ever used this version of RoP Rape?

Since the Mongols would have transitted your territory to get to the English anyway I don't see this as ROP Rape.

Sure, but they only got so far before I'd ask them to leave (which they would.) That's when I got ticked and decided to destroy them when they kept coming back. They thought they had the right-of-way and were polite towards me. It also allowed me to get them deep into my territory, making it easier to destroy them.

Originally posted by Svar

Since the Mongols would have transitted your territory to get to the English anyway I don't see this as ROP Rape.

i agree with svar. i consider it rop rape when u sign an rop and then send ur army to their country and then, well u rape 'em till they beg you to stop. thats rop rape.;)

Originally posted by redstoner
Sure, but they only got so far before I'd ask them to leave (which they would.) That's when I got ticked and decided to destroy them when they kept coming back. They thought they had the right-of-way and were polite towards me. It also allowed me to get them deep into my territory, making it easier to destroy them.

Next time when you want to them to leave if you are ready for war keep irritating them until they are furious. Then when you ask them to leave they will declare war. Not only will they be guilty of ROP Rape but you will get the benefit of war happiness for their sneak attack.

I've done something similar--signed an ROP with civ A, who was attacking civ B on the other side of me. A couple of turns later, I signed a MMP with civ B, but no ROP. So, what happens is civ A sends all sorts of troops in to attack civ B. When they engage civ B in their territory, and initiate the MMP I had with them, this negates the ROP, they've got their attacking forces in my territory where I can pick 'em off (should be noted that I bottleneck them into taking a specific route whilt the ROP is in effect). Then I'd attack Civ A, and keep sending Civ B's troops back because they have no ROP with me, keeping them from acquiring any new territory on the other side of me. They're happy because we both engaged a common enemy within 20 turns of the MMP, and make a good trade partner for later. Until they outlive their usefulness, anyway...

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

what exactly triggers war happiness. I've seen it but would like to trigger it on purpose.

I'll just ask here because my question is related to RoP's and I didn't want to start a new thread

If I have a RoP with someone and war commenses (me refusing tribute from them) and I have no repeat NO units in their teritory, do I still get a rep hit from breaking a treaty?

Originally posted by steviejay
I'll just ask here because my question is related to RoP's and I didn't want to start a new thread

If I have a RoP with someone and war commenses (me refusing tribute from them) and I have no repeat NO units in their teritory, do I still get a rep hit from breaking a treaty?

You don't get the rep hit because they declared war on you.

Happened for me in my last game too that english (biggest and meanest civ around) wanted to pass my 6-city circle to destroy Zulu which were gracious towards me and a good source of cash, resources, and luxies.
I didnt have much of a military, I was massing tanks at the moment though and had two armies of cossacks plus some spare ones, a 25+ stack of artillery, and a bunch of infantry in every town.
They kept on passing my land after trampling the zulu on it even though i repulsed them 3 times. they were still demanding me absurd amounts of money and tech for a RoP. so i repulsed them until they had all of their units coming, then let them go half way and ambushed them. all their units went down and i didnt see any more coming, so i went to conquer them and it worked.
You cant sell cities for a lot in the latest patch and I didnt want any so i just went in to kill their units and bombard their cities, then bribed germans (other gracious) to join the zulu in taking their cities.
only persians in their island were left to worry about although i ended up having to nuke them in the end to secure my spage age victory.

Top Bottom