1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

A very basic question ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by frenchman, Sep 10, 2006.

1. frenchman

frenchman Present is past of future

:crazyeye:

Hello,

I would like to ask a question about the mods... How can I create a mod ? I mean from the totally beginning. For the moment, I use the existing mod and modify them. But how can I create a total new one without copying the ini file of an other ?

2. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

First step, learn XML, python and/or C++.

After that, come up with a concept.

Then code it. :)

3. Nodgene1

Nodgene1 Chieftain

I looked long and wide for that...
    You simply make a folder in the mod folder of the c:\programes\... directory... with the name of the mod you'd like to make. then start copying and pasting files from the "assets" folder of civ4's main directory to a duplicated "assets" folder in the new mod folder, play around with those, and whoot! MOD! :)

4. frenchman

frenchman Present is past of future

:thanx: That's what I'm already doing... So it doesn't exist some kind of editor for the Mods, we are obliged to paste the existing files..
    :thanx:

5. Déja

Déja Beyond the Mod

you are correct